New Shoei X Eleven Helmet

MikeSomething

Registered
Needed a new one... Fits freakin fantastic!

MyShoeiX11.jpg

Looks nice, :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Is it comfortable and is it wind tight?
I need one that is airtight as mine is like an open wind tunnel test.

PS I love your avatar - just watched that movie this weekend - never gets old.
Bubba

Bubba

The Shoei X11 is a EXCELLENT helmet...try one on for fit at a local shop :thumbsup:

It offers great air flow for summer when it's hot and you can close up the vents for winter when it's cold.

Nice:thumbsup:

I need to get a Shoei, but curious what do you get for $200 extra on the X-Eleven, compared to the RF-1000?

Nice:thumbsup:

I need to get a Shoei, but curious what do you get for $200 extra on the X-Eleven, compared to the RF-1000?

It's the ventilation. The air channels across your head, front to back in streams. The vents are more adjustable, it's lighter, slightly more aerodynamic, quieter, and the cheek pads seem a little spongier. It's a different helmet, that's for certain. (I have four RF-1000s and one X-11).

I can't imagine improving on my X11, short of built in mic and earphones! (even that can be added with aftermarket companies).Raydog

Bubba

It's nice and quiet, but this is my first Shoei. I just ditched a Scorpion EX700, the padding on the top forehead was ripping up and it was heavy as anything which sucked on the 7hour+ rides.

P.S. All my friends who have them say that the screen doesn't get fogged up like the RF-1000's because of the improved ventilation.

Last edited:
Back