Gonna tear in there and get to know her...

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Well I am going to tear the busa apart for the first time, get to know her and check on some things. I am going to change the oil, and was thinking of also doing spark plugs. Anything else to check? Half of this is just to get to know the bike a little bit, but also to check the basics. Does anyone else know what I should go in there looking at? Any thoughts would be good. I bought a Clymmer's manual, and have the one FSM you can download.

Thanks guys

How many miles on her? Plugs aren't do til around 13ish. Check slack cables to the t/b. Check air-filter. Check colant line fittings. Those are my suggesteds.

put every bolt in bags and mark them, pay close attention to how you take things off, check lines, colant, filter, air filter, do it all at once so you dont have to take her apart again. LABLE EVERYTHING!!!:thumbsup:

Check the brake lines. If they're the rubber OEM you may want to think about changing those out while you've got her apart (depending on what year you have). I didn't like the spongy brakes on my '01. Braided cables and some new shoes and it make a HUGE difference.

Digital cameras are great to take photos as you move along and to show you just how to put it all back together.:thumbsup:

Back