self diagnostic port

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Last year my power commander died, got ahold of a local Busa guy to get some help. We didnt know it was the PC3 at the time, he reached into the tail pulled out a wire harness end, stuck a peice of old wire into 2 of the holes and a code came up on the time screen(06BTW). he went got a book and looked up the code, figured out it was the PC3. anyway whats with the self-diagnostic thing? and no I cant ask him, hes not so good with returning calls apperantly. maybe I smell bad:laugh: thanks guys:thumbsup:

That's the bikes comp. data link, ALDL connector. You can jump a couple of pins and get the trouble code, or hook up a scan tool that will pull the codes. We have one from Snap-on that does it, it about $3500.00.

With that, buy a Manual, and a paperclip.

I'm wondering if anyone has sourced the connector to link it to an on/off switch, or simply cut the connector off, and connected the two pigtails through an on/off switch. I'm thinking of doing that in the tail somewhere..... :super:

That's the bikes comp. data link, ALDL connector. You can jump a couple of pins and get the trouble code, or hook up a scan tool that will pull the codes. We have one from Snap-on that does it, it about $3500.00.
Is this an OBD or OBD-II system?

If not, what is it? Suzuki proprietary?

The connector isn't shaped like the OBD-II connectors on cars, so I'm not sure what motorcycle compliance's they have.

so did you ever fix the pc3?
:poke:

Nope, just got a new one. We think the old one crapped out because it wasnt secured well, got all shook up. Its sits in the garage. I heard you can send em to get refurbished but didnt wanna wait so got another and never got around to sending it for repair

every man for themselves... :laugh:

Randy...you're NO HELP at all Brother....I would have thought you'd sourced it out already and done this mod...just so you can turn the key-flip the switch-and check the status....kind of thing... :oldcool:

Okay, fine, I'll snip the wiring, extend it, and wire it to a toggle in the tail..... :super:

This reminds me of a military hummer. If you go to start it and it don't just take a paperclip and stick it into a recepticle located on the inside of the cab. You would have to use a pair of pliers because it turns the paperclip red hot. Kind anyone tell where this piece is located on the bike

It hides pretty well in your tail, Its on the clutch side outside the glove compartment in the fairing, its white square thing. Pics are without tail on.

SANY0504.jpg

SANY0505.jpg

SANY0508.jpg

Aside from the dealer mode, can we connect to a Bluetooth OBD tool for live data with that 4pin connector?

Thanks.
Guess this is the only way to get live data.
while im at it, might as well try my hands on a reflash.

im on a 2007 by the way

This ins one way to do it Yunus ECU Flashing
A question from a guy that's never seen a ecu flashing harness..
Being an old school electronic tech and tinkerer
What actual live data is available in real time?
Is there enough info where I could design tft display to show it hard mounted like a gps screen. Forget about all the programming options, just to display info.
Be awesome if it was possible to write a edi from bike>odb2

Back