Xenon King HID

Ezduzit

Registered
Gonna order the McCullough 5000k HID, my question is how do you know if it will work with my year busa08, I think its the H7 bulb, will it really plug and play to the busa harness without any splicing. PLEASE HELP???

Yes its a plug and play for the 08,
H7 for the low beam!
H9 for the high beam!

That or just hold the starter button while you turn on the ignition, this will prevent the light from coming on, then pull in the clutch, it starts, release and viola, built in relay!

I was gonna ask about that as well. personally i would rather have the relay to do the delay. anyone have any experience in installing one? I don't imagine its overly difficult, id just need a schematic of what goes where.

I was gonna ask about that as well. personally i would rather have the relay to do the delay. anyone have any experience in installing one? I don't imagine its overly difficult, id just need a schematic of what goes where.

Here ya go! If you have any other questions I have an install thread I can refer you to. But here's the schematic. Either way will work, it just depends on how you want to do it. The "Bal" refers to the ballast of the HID kit and "Bike" is the headlight connector on the bike. The brown wire on the timer is not used and can simply be capped off.

528twiring2.jpg

Attachments

• 528t wiring.bmp
    273.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Thanks! you only need to do that on the low beam though right? and the difference between the 2 pics is the ground to the negative or the chassis?

Correct and correct. The high beam doesn't need a relay because it's already switched. Normally off and only on when you flip the switch. Because the low beam comes on right away you want a delay to keep the light from coming on, going out, and coming back on. That's VERY hard on the bulbs and the ballasts. HIDs have to have time to step down the voltage and to warm up.

Last edited:
I got mine from xenon king as well. It was not as plug n play as I thought it would be. The high beam fit in quick in place of the stock one. I had to make a minor mod on the plug though so it fits in my stock plug. They sent 2 plastic plugs which were probably meant to make it plug normally with stock, but that did not go well at all. Probably sent the wrong ones maybe. The low beam was chaos. It did not at all fit right in place of the stock. It simply would not stay put even when I used the same mechanism that holds my stock in place. I ended up using a plastic bottlecap and a washer and had to bend the stock clip so the bulb wont move. As for the wiring, I also could not use their plastic connector so I inserted the wires directly from my stock plug, it was not in plug form though. All in all it worked fine, but not as easy as I thought it would be. Again maybe I got sent the wrong plugins.

That or just hold the starter button while you turn on the ignition, this will prevent the light from coming on, then pull in the clutch, it starts, release and viola, built in relay!

You are the MAN. I just tried that on my Busa. Soo cool.

Back