I'll pay 100$

Coach

Registered
I'll pay 100 bucks to anyone in the central indiana area that can hook up my HID kit. The bike is stripped, old lamps are out, and that's about as far as my limited knowledge took me. Anyone willing to help me out on this?:please:

I know this is not much help

But if you were here in Okla. we could get it done for you. $0.00

I know this is not much help

But if you were here in Okla. we could get it done for you. $0.00

at this point i'm almost willing to make the trip :rofl: i'm an idiot when it comes to electrical...my head is hurting from the 2 hours i spent staring at the kit and wondering if I could figure it out.

i can probbably talk you through it over the phone.. post up some pics of your kit and ill see what i can do for you on here via phone.. 610 804 1284

Why don't you hook it up yourself?

The wiring is plug in...the bulbs fit high / low beam depending on the tab configuration ...so get those in the right spot...the retaiining clip can be a pain...might take a few tries to get right....and then pick a safe location for the pieces parts (ballast / ignitor)

I would reccomend the ballast on top of the air duct...two side tape connecting the two...the thick 3M stuff for vibration purposes...and then a few zip ties to make sure they stay put...no sense in the coming loose and moving around. Mine came loose over the winter due to low temp.

It isn't that difficult...if you have it apart already your almost done.

I can also relate if you "just want it done" some times it is better to leave it to somebody else.

Ryan

Why don't you hook it up yourself?

The wiring is plug in...the bulbs fit high / low beam depending on the tab configuration ...so get those in the right spot...the retaiining clip can be a pain...might take a few tries to get right....and then pick a safe location for the pieces parts (ballast / ignitor)

I would reccomend the ballast on top of the air duct...two side tape connecting the two...the thick 3M stuff for vibration purposes...and then a few zip ties to make sure they stay put...no sense in the coming loose and moving around. Mine came loose over the winter due to low temp.

It isn't that difficult...if you have it apart already your almost done.

I can also relate if you "just want it done" some times it is better to leave it to somebody else.

Ryan

I wish it was just plug and play, it's got different harnesses and the loose power/return wires...and best i can tell, i have to get rid of the stock harnesses all together. i'm in too deep:laugh:

Put the bulbs in the right holes. Connect the appropriate ballast to the bulbs.

Take the two power leads from the ballast, add male spade type (looks like a screwdriver tip)crimp on connectors to the ends. Take the black (-) wire from the low beam ballast and stick it in the old low beam connector on the bike. Take the other wire (+) and stick it in the other hole on the same connector. Do the same thing on the high beam if you have low and high HID.

Find a place to mount the ballast (silver box). Usually to the top of the ram air tube(s). If you have the smaller black boxes too, those are the ignitors, find a place to mount them, or stick them out of the way.

If you have the bike apart, generally that's the hardest part.

Good luck.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
I didnt know you were in Central ind. How central ind. are you?:laugh: I havent done it before but am willing help ya if you want:thumbsup: Ive watched a friend do it so thats a start:laugh:

FREE btw. And did you ever get your dad a bike?

Last edited:
You can use cheap 12v meter to see what wire on the bike is pos and which is neg...turn the key on...the light on...and there are two combos one will make the meter display 12v....prior two testing the wire place the probes on the batt...and see 12v that way you know the meter is working as it needs to.

After you determine what wire is what solder / shrinkwrap them to the new parts. If your not sure you have it right...tape them first and turn on the switch. Be sure they don't ground out on the bike or yourself...you'll feel it.

I cut my wires and soldered them like I described. The hard part for me was mounting the the ballast / ignitor. I ended up putting them on then on the air duct.

PM me...leave a number if you wish and I call you and give you a hand.

Ryan

Hopefully someone will chime in. I think Chris lives up that way with the terrorist and he should help a brother out for free :thumbsup:

i'm just going to cut the old harnesses off, so my next question is, does anyone know which wire is pos and which is neg? both harnesses have a black/white plus another color...i'm guessing the black/white is neg, but i want to be sure

I didnt know you were in Central ind. How central ind. are you?:laugh: I havent done it before but am willing help ya if you want:thumbsup: Ive watched a friend do it so thats a start:laugh:

FREE btw. And did you ever get your dad a bike?

in the sticks just south of logansport...north of kokomo

i'm just going to cut the old harnesses off, so my next question is, does anyone know which wire is pos and which is neg? both harnesses have a black/white plus another color...i'm guessing the black/white is neg, but i want to be sure

There's no reason to cut the harness on the bike. I def wouldn't do that.

Can you take a picture of the wires on the kit?

On the low beam, there should be a white wire and a black wire with a white stripe if I remember correctly. White is +, black/white is -. You should be able to fashion the wires in the kit such that they stick in the slots on the bike connector.

There's no reason to cut the harness on the bike. I def wouldn't do that.

Can you take a picture of the wires on the kit?

On the low beam, there should be a white wire and a black wire with a white stripe if I remember correctly. White is +, black/white is -. You should be able to fashion the wires in the kit such that they stick in the slots on the bike connector.

i can, but they just hang there with nothing to keep them in...i'm thinking it'd be safer to just cut the harness and splice the wires. unless there's a way i can make sure the wires dont fall out of the harness

Mine have been in there like I described above for 2 years. The fit rather snug, and you can wrap the connection with electrical tape or shrink wrap when you are done.

There won't be much if any tenson on the wires, nothing really to pull them out.

This way you can go back to a regular headlight if something happens.

listen to thebbbusa.

Don't Cut!!

Let's see a pic ....or a link...to the HID kit you've got.

Next to washing your bike, this is about as easy as it gets.
:thumbsup:

Back