mode switch, what's with that?

ghorton3

Registered
i came from a '00 busa to my new 08'. what is the purpose for this mode switch and how do you use it. still a little chilly here, therefore, i haven't ridden it, just admiring it. the manual touches on the subject a little, but, has anyone ever actually used it? if so when and how?

Last edited:
I only ever use it if I am caught in the beginning of rain and I am in town. Rain on oily roads and turning can suck when the busa throttle has so much power.

You can definately tell that your in a different mode too. Throttle is a lot more sluggish and not quick to respond. Which is nice for slippery roads, but only on slippery roads. Not cool otherwise. :laugh:

Never used it, wouldn't know how. You can apparently downgrade the Busa to a liter or 600 at the dash.

I only ever use it if I am caught in the beginning of rain and I am in town. Rain on oily roads and turning can suck when the busa throttle has so much power.

You can definately tell that your in a different mode too. Throttle is a lot more sluggish and not quick to respond. Which is nice for slippery roads, but only on slippery roads. Not cool otherwise. :laugh:

+1, i agree

welcome to the Org. :welcome:
Just use it so the other riders can keep up :rofl: :rofl:

need pics :rulez:

i came from a '00 busa to my new 08'. what is the purpose for this mode switch and how do you use it. still a little chilly here, therefore, i haven't ridden it, just admiring it. the manual touches on the subject a little, but, has anyone ever actually used it? if so when and how?

Rode home from the showroom in C mode. Accidentally rode in A mode one day for about five minutes. Wound up in CA with the front wheel in the water!!!! Changed underwear and switched back to C mode for the ride home. Made the trip just fine but it took three days! ::11

In all seiousness:

The switch allows you to change between three modes, A, B and C. A is "full" power, B is slightly reduced peak power with a slower climb to that peak power and C reduces peak power and curve even further.

NOTE: Upon ingnition (turning the bike on) the bike ALWAYS defaults to A mode!!!

To switch modes, simply hold down either the up or down switch for a few seconds to activate the system (the bike must be running). Then use the up/down buttons to select the desired mode, which will be reflected in the display.

Best of luck and :welcome:!

i took out the secondary butterflies so my switches are useless maybe i'll use them for a toaster to be installed in the hump :laugh: the modes are completely useless because your wrist is the mode selector... btw :worthless:

Back