Help

map

Registered
Does anyone have the problem with the front axel and spacer not clearing their pit bull front stand? If so how do I fix my issue? Looks like the stand is adjustable but will it put the front end to high?

2009_0224mctire0180.jpg

You have more than one choice.

You can remove the axle sliders and toss them in the tool box or remove them every time you decide to use the stand?

You can also purchase the standard pitbull stand that lifts from the bottom of the fork legs. This application should work just fine with your extended axle sliders.

If you choose to purchase the fork type lift, be sure to buy the convertable model which comes with an attachment you can use to lift from the triple tree just as your current stand does.

Took me a minute to figure that one out. You have front axle sliders.:laugh:
Yeah, just take 'em off and the stand will work perfect. I have a Pit Bull stem lift stand (#6 pin) and love it. Just make sure you put a towel over your front fender while your raising and lowering the bike to prevent a scratch on said fender.:thumbsup:

No problems..

BusaNewTires10-3-08012.jpg

Last edited:
Thise aren't axel sliders, there the axel its self pulled out but hitting the stand other side is the axel spacer also pulled out but not clearing the stand.

2009_0224mctire0178.jpg

Does anyone have the problem with the front axel and spacer not clearing their pit bull front stand? If so how do I fix my issue? Looks like the stand is adjustable but will it put the front end to high?

Nails suck!:banghead:

this is why i dont like the triple tree stands....the only time you really would ever need a that type of stand is when your removing your forks...other then that it prevents you from doing all other maintenance...plus its really not good on the suspension to let it hang unsprung for long periods of time

this is why i dont like the triple tree stands....the only time you really would ever need a that type of stand is when your removing your forks...other then that it prevents you from doing all other maintenance...plus its really not good on the suspension to let it hang unsprung for long periods of time

Not the LP Racing triple tree stand. I have removed the axle on my Busa and CRB using that stand. I has a longer arm to put the axle behind the lift. For some reason people don't want to pay a few more dollars for a great product. They just want a cheaper one. I only bought it because I can do everything including removing the forks with just that one stand.

Back to the original question! Does anyone else have the problem of the stand getting in the way of removing the axel? See first post of this thread.

Back