Whoooo Hooooo!

berryman

Registered
Just back from a very brisk 50 deg. ride. It might have said 50 but it felt like 30! Is it normal to loose feeling in your index finger?

20 minutes later...I can feel my fingers again.

God, I love this bike! :lol:

yeah pretty much normal. Get thicker gloves, it makes that problem go away.

I have 2 sets of gloves, one for warm weather and 1 for cold. so the cold weather ones are actually more like snowmobile gloves...at least they keep my fingers warm.:beerchug:

Just back from a very brisk 50 deg. ride. It might have said 50 but it felt like 30! Is it normal to loose feeling in your index finger?

20 minutes later...I can feel my fingers again.

God, I love this bike! :lol:

Glad you're having a good time, yo! :beerchug:

it 46 here been riding all day, Im not cold , you must be a wimp
:poke:
:rofl:

Ah, a fellow Indiana rider. I was fine untill I headed home then the hand started hurting...other than that, I was great! Whats a few numb fingers that turn white?!

Ah, a fellow Indiana rider. I was fine untill I headed home then the hand started hurting...other than that, I was great! Whats a few numb fingers that turn white?!
going riding on sunday? 574 255 3714 home
574 904 8146 cell
Todd
wabash isnt to far from me...if you come up sr 15 and I come down sr 15 we could meet in warsaw or something....then maybe ride 30 to fort Wayne and hook up with mr bogus...Randy
or better yet you can come all the way up here and randy can come up here, and the 3 of us can go over to ibifieds house (andy) and laugh as he tries another attempt at getting that tree stump out of his back yard....IM about 83 miles north of you and 20 miles west...

Last edited:
I have Renaud's Syndrome, try riding with all white fingers!

Try Held Gloves,, I went with this glove to help out my freak condition. They have a space age material that they use that emulates whatever temperature that is introduced to it. So if hot, they stay hot, if cold, they stay cold. The problem I have noticed however, is that when my fingers are placed into the glove cold,, I can never get them warmed up because of the nature of the material. So, before I swing my leg over the bike, I run my fingers under hot-to-warm water, dry off, put on my glove liners,, then put my Held Gloves(pre-ride dryer sessions are sometimes warranted before).

Crazy, I know. But it helps this crazy condition. It's weird. I only lose circulation on the tips of my fingers when I ride my bike. No other time.

I have Renaud's Syndrome, try riding with all white fingers!

Try Held Gloves,, I went with this glove to help out my freak condition. They have a space age material that they use that emulates whatever temperature that is introduced to it. So if hot, they stay hot, if cold, they stay cold. The problem I have noticed however, is that when my fingers are placed into the glove cold,, I can never get them warmed up because of the nature of the material. So, before I swing my leg over the bike, I run my fingers under hot-to-warm water, dry off, put on my glove liners,, then put my Held Gloves(pre-ride dryer sessions are sometimes warranted before).

Crazy, I know. But it helps this crazy condition. It's weird. I only lose circulation on the tips of my fingers when I ride my bike. No other time.
are you sure you dont have a death grip on those bars? LOL

are you sure you dont have a death grip on those bars? LOL

No, Dude,, I have tried everything. Lord knows I have. It's weird and I know that a few people experience this strange phenomena. I have hear of people losing circulation in their whole extremities. Imagine a temporarily white leg?! ???

I have tried every stance or position on the bars as I can think of. I have looked up the condition and so far have found nothing to combat itl thus is why they call it a 'syndrome'. I never had this problem ever when I was younger. ??? So, when I get ready to ride in the cold, I take cayenne pepper tablet or right before the ride,, I take one tablespoon full of honey and sprinkle cayenne pepper over it and swallow it. Man! What a rush that is. :laugh: Seems to work though,,, who'da thunk! :whistle:

that's crazy, lol......but as long as it works, I wonder if its the vibration, or maybe the anxiety....if you ever drag, you will have to name your team....white knuckle racing
well its 11 am Sunday and 44 deg. out already, I'm going riding soon as it hit 50 which should be in an hour... anyone in Indiana can head north and text my phone 574 904 8146

It has been in the 40's all weekend here and Houston and raining. Tomorrow it will be in the 70's. Just my luck.

Well, today was better. My fingers aren't numb. djsin..I would have called but I had a very small window to ride. My son had some 4-H meeting so I had to be home soon after I left.

Back