how many qts. of oil do these things get?

Remember, four quarts of motorcycle specific engine oil, no friction modifiers to make the clutch prone to slipping.

Owner's manual states 3.5 Qt.
Service manual states 3.7 Qt.
My Busa takes 4 Qt. to reach the full line in the oil level window (oil & filter change)

Pre load your oil filter before installing. Fill it up, let it sit for a few minutes to soak in then poor the clean oil out of the filter back in your bottle then install. Some may other opinions, but this keeps from running dry momentarily making it easier on the engine.

+1 on the over filling... makes the clutch do odd things.

Hey Team...

Got a question. I changed my oil and my manual says 3.7 (or 4qt). On most of the threads here they say to drain and go ahead and put in the 4 qts... that's what I did. Well now when I check the level, mine is above the "F" mark. I have started it a few times and let it ran for about 5 mins each. I have not rode it yet. Is it TOO full? I think someone once said NEVER go over the full mark. Will this harm my engine or do I now need to drain some out? I think it's at the top of the indicator window...

Please let me kow your thoughts. :whistle:

Thanks!

"Will this harm my engine"

NO. 27,000 miles with regular oil changes of four quarts and never having to add oil between changes tells me so.

Back