Can Believe This?

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
The new Connie is just shy of 600 miles. She's got tire pressure sensors that display the tire pressure front and rear on the display between the tach and speedo. The sender units are wireless and are mounted inside the rim attached to the valve stem. They start sending tire pressures to the display after the bike starts rolling at 15 or 20 mph. The unit has an intergal battery that can't be replaced. Expected life is 5 years at which time the complete unit has to be replaced.

The front sender has a low battery and the rear is dead. Because of this the display flashes low battery for 10 minutes after I hit the road and can't be cycled to the other functions during that time. It's annoying as hell as there's a red light flashing too and the gear indicator flashes on and off as well.

I don't care about the TPS working but, can't stand it being non op and flashing everytime I start it up. Hasn't worked since the day I rode it off the lot. Didn't go back that day because it was stroming badly and the object was only to get her to the crib ASAP.

Yesterday I was at the dealer, not the one I bought her from, but where I bought the Busa. The Service Writers are a couple of young guys and are always cool and helpful. I really want to ditch the OEM BT 21's for Pilot Road 2's. I asked him if I bring in the bike for the TPS senders to be replaced IW would they throw on a new set of tires and waive the mounting labor, since the rubber has to come off the rims to replace the senders anyway.

He said yeah shouldn't be a problem but had to check with the Manager. Next day he tells me the SM says maybe, only if Kawi books the IW job at a decent rate, otherwise he will have to get something from me. WTF? Kid says Yeah I know, BS but he's the Boss. 300 bucks for tires and he wants to quibble over getting double payment for the labor? :moon: The SM wasn't there for me to call him a chicken****e.

Can you believe it?

Last edited:
Geebus man, what are they, idiots? The problem might be that you're not dealing directly with the service manager. In my experience, that's the first guy I need to 'have an understanding' with before I pay them for anything. The mechanic is the second person I have to meet. Good luck!

Hold on, the tires have to come off anyway ? Where's the extra work at ? Were you buying the tires from them ?

Yeah, it strikes me as pretty idiotic to piss off a proven customer.

Maybe they could've asked you for $20 to balance the two new tires, but even that is pushing it.

Is this dealer, the one you bought the Busa from, also a Kawasaki dealer? If so, they could be out of sorts because you bought the Kawi from anothe dealer, but that's still stupid of them. They should want to make you feel so welcome that you buy your next bike from them. You already bought a Busa from them, you bought a very expensive new Connie14, so you've pretty much proven you're a big ticket customer. You ought to discretely talk with the dealership manager, or at least the sales manager, and politely tell him how you feel about this.

Yea, I really like the new Connie's--it definately would be my pick for a spot touring bike. I have heard they had lots of problems with the tire pressure sending units. According to the service mamager at my place, the units were "blown out" at the factory when they over inflate the tires to make them seat on the rims. I've guess they've gone to a new design. So, I'm still not understanding why they're making an issue about replacing 'em? Kawai's had to replace LOTS of 'em!

On another note---you have any problems with the keyless FOB? (Not sure what they call it). I've heard that some bikes won't start 'cause the FOB won't send the right code to start the bike?

Ditch the flawed system altogether and take your business somewhere else, I hate service providers that waste my time or crap that doesn't work. I always compelled to check these things manually with a hand gauge when these systems are in place.

Back