HELP....any race tech guru's or dealers?

JUSTANOVA

Registered
I have the racetech gold valves and new springs I am getting ready to install this weekend and I tried to do their online valving recommendation but it didn't work properly, for the compression valving it gave me a recommendation of c-nr-

so I called them at about 4:30 and the guy took my info and gave me the recommendations but he gave the the number ch34 for the compression valving, the only problem is the chart on my instruction sheet only has
c60-c69 so I dont know which shims etc... to use for my compression valving.I tried calling them back but it was almost 5 by then so I had to leave a message, and they are not open tomorrow. I was really hoping to do this this weekend.

the other #'s he gave me do correspond to the numbers on my sheet.

so If any racetech guru's can explain which shims etc... are in the ch34 compression valving stack it would be appreciated.

thanks.
Brett Collins

Brett, I sure wish I could help...I have full Race Tech and it's wonderful....BUT....I had them do it! About the only thing I didn't do myself. All I can say is....it'll be a different motorcycle. (you might have to exercise patience this weekend unless someone comes up with the info! good luck) Raydog

Brett, I sure wish I could help...I have full Race Tech and it's wonderful....BUT....I had them do it! About the only thing I didn't do myself. All I can say is....it'll be a different motorcycle. (you might have to exercise patience this weekend unless someone comes up with the info! good luck) Raydog

thanks raydog, I have been wanting to re-spring for a while because I know this thing is too soft for my fat a$$:whistle: but I blew a fork seal so I had an excuse to do it, and I figured while I was in there I would re-valve too as I have heard it makes a huge diff. so I am excited to get this thing done and back together. I am not doing my rear yet as when I was talking to racetech they said that their rear kit is not ready yet for the 08, so in the future I am sure I will do the rear too.

I decided to do it myself as i am just a technical junkie like that and wanted to know how that stuff works, plus I have a tool habit so it was an excuse to buy tools to :rofl: and I am on a diet so I may have to soften the springs in the future so I figured I would have the stuff to do it now.

I guess worst case I will call the local race tech dealer tomorrow and see what they know.

Okay gear-heads: The parts matrix, and the info supplied by Race Tech contradict each other. Does anyone know what the correct shims are for the compression valving? I know I don't :laugh:

Okay gear-heads: The parts matrix, and the info supplied by Race Tech contradict each other. Does anyone know what the correct shims are for the compression valving? I know I don't :laugh:

eh, looks like it will be a monday deal. and I figured I would get the rebound valving out of the way today, but there were not enough of the .15x17 shims to do both sides the way they told me to shim it. I am two shims short so I gotta call them again anyway. Kinda getting a little frustrated

You are correct sir! That statement just makes things worse :laugh:

So did you get everything dialed in yet?

Back