Unintended throttle opening

winlite

Registered
:blush:Have never had a problem with this on the Busa. However have unintentionally rolled the throttle wide open on my Honda crf 250 R. This sometimes results in contact with the ground. Happens usually when popping the front up and in an involuntary action to hang on to the bars the throttle is rolled open.
Am new to off road bikes and will probably get better about avoiding this. Meantime suggestions are appreciated.

Have never had a problem with this on the Busa, hope you never do because it will be a little different than the dirt bike experience.???

:blush:Have never had a problem with this on the Busa. However have unintentionally rolled the throttle wide open on my Honda crf 250 R. This sometimes results in contact with the ground. Happens usually when popping the front up and in an involuntary action to hang on to the bars the throttle is rolled open.
Am new to off road bikes and will probably get better about avoiding this. Meantime suggestions are appreciated.

Done this on a Honda crf 450R when my right boot slipped off the peg. Damn those muddy boots!

keep the hump on and you can use your arse to push yourself back up and let off the throttle...now trying to remeber that when your at say 11:15 oclock on the back wheel...priceless!

Always cover the brake with your right foot, so if the wheelie gets out of control, you can get it back right away. Stick one foot out in the corners, so you can keep the slides under control. A bit different than a road bike, but once you get it, you will just get better when you get back on the Busa.

Due the light weight of a dirt bike and the upright seating, wide open throttle in 1st always brings back the rush.

It's called "Whiskey Throttle".:laugh:

I've ingested ka-ka a couple of times due to it. Keep a finger or two on the clutch lever. If you can get the clutch in, it'll throw you forward and off the throttle.

adjust the position of your hand on the throttle so its physically impossible to go WOT without adjusting your hand again,grab it around 3 o'clock as opposed to 12 o'clock

Hope this never happens to you on the street,especially in front of a LE. It can land you a 1k fine 1st offense.

Closest I came to something like that was with a Male passenger(it happens) on the back of my old 82 gs1100(miss that bike). Went to give it a fair amount of gas and not being use to the extra weight on the back the front came out. Looked impressive from a by standers point of view I'm sure,but from mine it was a "Oh Sh*t! Let me live" kinda experience. Guy on back held on for dear life and was convince I can ride like a demon. Was safer for him to think that the rest of the way home. :laugh:

Hope this never happens to you on the street,especially in front of a LE. It can land you a 1k fine 1st offense.

Closest I came to something like that was with a Male passenger(it happens) on the back of my old 82 gs1100(miss that bike). Went to give it a fair amount of gas and not being use to the extra weight on the back the front came out. Looked impressive from a by standers point of view I'm sure,but from mine it was a "Oh Sh*t! Let me live" kinda experience. Guy on back held on for dear life and was convince I can ride like a demon. Was safer for him to think that the rest of the way home. :laugh:

Yeah, well that happened to me on my 06 Busa with the Wife on back. I have not heard the end of it yet. We were doing about 50, and I hit 2nd gear hard - not a smart thing to do.

I rode an off-road bike once, it wheelied, I hung on, the front end stayed up and went over a small stream and into a tree! it sucked

Did a busa wheelie (where the front wheel comes up about 4-6" and sorta stays there) with the wife on the back one time and she didnt know I did it until someone told her about it a couple weeks later.

I got in trouble for doing it, and in more trouble for not telling her.

Yeah, well that happened to me on my 06 Busa with the Wife on back. I have not heard the end of it yet. We were doing about 50, and I hit 2nd gear hard - not a smart thing to do.

my wife gets upset when i give it a good amount of gas when it goes from 0-60 in like 3 seconds. I can only imagine how she would react if the bike went on one wheel :laugh:

my wife gets upset when i give it a good amount of gas when it goes from 0-60 in like 3 seconds. I can only imagine how she would react if the bike went on one wheel :laugh:

Well for starters she'd be looking up to you! :laugh: All down hill from there though.
:lol:

Back