Fork Oil

You should put in exactly the amount you take out, use a measuring container. But if you already knew this and just wanted to know about how much so you could buy the approximate amount, sorry I can't remember.

Which weight depends on what you want and the outside temps. Can't remember stock weight....

You should use a height gauge to do it properly. You overfill the fork and then suck out the excess oil.

Motion Pro Fork Oil Level Gauge - Maintenance Online at MotoSport

Check YouTube. There are a couple good vids about fork rebuilding.

mproforkoillevelgauge.jpg

Removed the forks....found out about the special tool that's needed a little too late. Had to bring the forks to the shop for them to replace the seals......Oh well.

Removed the forks....found out about the special tool that's needed a little too late. Had to bring the forks to the shop for them to replace the seals......Oh well.
No shame in that, Billy. You're much better off paying some money than messing up an expensive set of new seals because you don't have the proper tools to install them. You saved a lot of money by pulling the forks and reinstalling them yourself. Smart man. :beerchug:

$224 to replace the seals, I brought the forks to them and even supplied the seals myself!! Half price I guess is better than $400 they quoted me for just bringin' in the bike. I enjoy taking it apart and putting it back together though. Have become very well acquainted with my bike over the past year!!

Back