Are these no cut sliders going to fail?

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
I found these on Ebay and got them for like $20.00 shipped. They are made very well and look great on. I can see where they may protect some plastic damage in a low speed drop but I don't see how these could save from a bent frame. Any of you use these and what are your thoughts on them? They do look awesome installed so I will post pics soon.

No cut sliders.JPG

They will help if the bike falls in the driveway! But thats about it, that 6mm screw will snap like a twig!

At what point will you guys learn not to buy crap off of Ebay?

Hey now, ebay's got some nice deals. You just have to be able to judge the difference in a good deal and a scam. I got the timer for my HID off ebay, I got my lowering links off ebay, got a smokin deal on an xbox 360 on ebay, to name a few. All great products in perfect condition.

Hey now, ebay's got some nice deals. You just have to be able to judge the difference in a good deal and a scam. I got the timer for my HID off ebay, I got my lowering links off ebay, got a smokin deal on an xbox 360 on ebay, to name a few. All great products in perfect condition.

Me too, and I had choices. I knew that I was buying less than a perfect slider for protection and the description claimed only that they give extra protection for a drop not a slide or crash. I bought what I wanted to buy and I got what I wanted. Cosmetically, they look great and since I had no protection isn't something better than nothing? Again, I bought these for the "no cut" design and I personally like the way the look. This is only one of many things I have bought on Ebay and have had great success there.

I got what I paid for and I bought them with the knowledge of their inferior protection qualities.

Those look awesome!! What are they? :whistle:

eBay Motors: SUZUKI HAYABUSA KANGI BILLET FRAME SLIDERS (no cut) (item 270355834782 end time Mar-12-09 10:flamethrowing::08 PDT)

A posers highly polished frame slider. Not much protection but IMO, damn sexy installed with a great chrome finish! Hate if you must but we all have personal opinions. I think they look very good and so far, no cuts in my plastics! And yes, I am well versed on the T-Rex option with true protection. Getcha some chrome for a little over $20.00:beerchug:

and have fun getting that 6mm bolt out of the motor mount (yes thats what that bolt is there for) when it snaps off at the very base. Thats if you're lucky. If you aren't, then you just snap off part of the frame. have fun getting THAT fixed.

and have fun getting that 6mm bolt out of the motor mount (yes thats what that bolt is there for) when it snaps off at the very base. Thats if you're lucky. If you aren't, then you just snap off part of the frame. have fun getting THAT fixed.

Hmm, well then, if they can cause more damage then they can stop, I will remove them. I didn't realize I was creating a potential problem. My bad!

a friend of mine had no cuts on his cbr 1000RR, and his bike fell over in the driveway. Cracked his frame. Id rather have rashed plastics myself.

a friend of mine had no cuts on his cbr 1000RR, and his bike fell over in the driveway. Cracked his frame. Id rather have rashed plastics myself.

I was going to get a pair of sliders (not the no cut ones), and the service guy told me that he wouldn't get them, because instead of the platics absorbing the impact, you're now putting it all on one square inch of the frame ?? I don't know how true that is, but I figured I'd rather buy new fairings than a new frame ? I know he talked himself out of $150.00

I was going to get a pair of sliders (not the no cut ones), and the service guy told me that he wouldn't get them, because instead of the platics absorbing the impact, you're now putting it all on one square inch of the frame ?? I don't know how true that is, but I figured I'd rather buy new fairings than a new frame ? I know he talked himself out of $150.00

No cut frame sliders for sale....................or trade for new frame? Color them gone!???

In my experience, these are the best frame sliders on the market. Please bear in mind that we are not the importer/distributor, and I have no interest in selling these. The US importer is a nice fellow in AZ - Irfan from Wild Hair Accessories.

GSG-MOTOTECHNIK

It's all in German - but I think you can figure most of it out. Irfan can get you sorted.

GSX-R Accessories. Sportbike & StreetFighter accessories for all Gixxer's. Wild Hair Accessories.

GSG offers two sliders for the Hayabusa - I would recommend both - expensive, but worth it IMO. Once you see/feel these, and understand how well made they are, you will agree.

That is good info and I appreciate it. Makes good sense!

Back