Spring is here. Time to check your tire pressure

AJAY

Registered
Just filled up with gas and thought maybe I should check the air in my tires. Was about 4 psi low in the front and 5 in back.
Maybe you should check yours too! :idea:

Most MC tires will lose approx 1 psi per week. As a matter of practice, I always check mine before every ride.

Holy sh!tz, a man who checks his tire pressure every spring! :thumbsup:
Humor taken. :)

20 years ago, the guys at Road & Track did an experiment. They took a tire pressure guage out into the parking lot where the staff and editors parked, a parking lot filled with sports cars from common to exotic. If anybody cared about driving, those guys did. What they found was that almost all the cars had low tire pressure.

I figure it's even worse with bikes, because a lot of us don't / can't ride in the winter. :beerchug:

Do you guys run the recommended pressure? Whose? Tire Manufacturer, Bike Owner's manual, what? BTW, what IS the recommended tire pressure for stock K8?

I check my tire pressure before every ride with few exceptions. Tire pressure is critical to a tires performance. The pressure you choose should be a direct reflection of what you are asking of the tire.

I think I added air twice all last season and one time was a flat... mine just does not loose any air between tire changes to speak of..

Tire pressure on both front and rear usually around 39lbs

It depends on the ride...I use less if I am heading to the mountains than if I am going to hit the interstate.

Back