Thinking of selling my Busa.. thoughts on price?

TurboSN95

Registered
What do you guys (and gals!) think I can get for my '03 Hayabusa?

I am starting to get the itch to ride it after this long winter, but I am also thinking of selling my motocross bike which may get me some extra cash to upgrade me to a 2008 Hayabusa if I sell both the mx and the '03.

This is my bike, condition and mods. I think its around 8,000 miles right now. It runs like a champ, has a few scratches on the right fairing from me laying it down in my driveway as my foot slipped on sand. Otherwise its in great shape. Amsoil synthetic oil has been used in the motor. And it put down 160 hp and 98 torque when it got tuned.

Devil carbon fiber cans
Front clear signal lights
HID's (high and low)
Rear Integrated LED Brake light
Adjustable Kick Stand
Pingel Lowering Links
GI-Pro
Tobin seat
Roadlok
Puig C/F Hugger
BMC race filter, and stock (clean) is included
Yuasa YTZ14S Battery
Dyno Dynamics Tuned
Dynojet PC3 USB
Puig smoke windscreen
Lockhart Philips c/f frame sliders
Pazzo shorty levers
Ariete 90 degree valve stems
Dunlop Qualifier tires - 1,500 miles on them (guesstimating)
Genmar 1.25" spacer
Schnitz Cush Drive Rubbers
Brake pads just changed about 1000 miles ago
Supersprox sprocket 42 tooth
Suzuki gel seat and Tobin custom seat included
Corbin rear seat and backrest included

lowered-front 001.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

Just for reference, if this helps: I bought my '07 last fall for $7,500. 100% stock; had 8,000 miles on it; new rear tire. I would think $6,000 for yours would be a very good price.

CW

Let us know how you like the gen2. Nice bike you have there. If you get a good proce on the 08 with 6g trade I'd think I 'd .....gofer it . Else keep cherry you got.

I rode the Gen2 before, its a great bike!!!! I do like mine a lot, but if I can get rid of both bikes and not put down any cash to upgrade to an '08, I just might do it.

Just in case your willing to part with some parts separate, I would be VERY interested in the corbin seat and backrest.

Definitely pull the Tobin seat and the Corbin passenger seat and sell them separately. They won't raise the resale price of your bike by $10 and they are very easy to sell separately. The used gel seat won't bring much.

Pull the Pazzo levers too. You'll want those on your new bike.

The motocross bike is gone... so now the Busa goes up for sale, I'll have to think of a price and see how it goes. but I do agree with you guys, to sell the Tobin/Corbin seat separately.

If you trade it in take off all the aftermarket stuff and sell it. Dealer won't give you a dime more for the bike with it on there. Then you will have a head start on your gen 2 mod fund!

I am going to have to ask the dealer about that... I really do think the $6000 offer that I got was because of the mods that I have.

Your not getting squat for the mods brother, part them out.
Most dealers price off of NADA, click here to get the price range your bike.
Best I can tell they priced you in the middle of the pack if you add on exhaust and fairings as options/equipment.

I think you should sell it for 50 bucks. to me. :laugh:

No, really, i think that 6000-6500 is probably in the ballpark.

Back