Little help

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I know we have gone over this but my arms are to tired to search through threads.

Ive been out in the garage for the last 2 hrs taking the Kanji and Hayabusa emblem of the front fairing. Started with the hair dryer and got the top lifted off, My problem is the glue left behind, I am a true beleiver in Goo Gone but it aint working. Any suggestions on what else I can use without messing up the paint. :banghead:

Try WD-40, vegetable oils works. Its how I took the glue of off Juli's fairings. :beerchug:

Probably won't help you on a Sunday, but Sem Solve is my preferred chemical to clean stuff off of paint. This is a professional product used mostly to clean up overspray, but it's good for tar, adhesives, and stuff like that. Cheap too, at about $12 a quart, but you have to get it from a place that supplies the professional automotive painters.

Products: SE38374 - SEM SOLVE, QT

But since it will be Sunday when you read this, maybe WD-40 might work?

sem solve.jpg

Get you a 100% cotton cloth, rub in small circles with either the oil or the WD. I will check on you later, our Realtor is on his way to the house.

Alrighty 3 hrs Goo Gone / WD-40 / Veg Oil. and its not budging

How long would you think I should leave the Goo Gone on there.

Try fingernail polish remover, on a small spot first of course. :thumbsup:

Low VOC parts cleaner. AutoZone
I used it to take the Ivan Stewart stickers off my Tundra
Worked well but test on the Busa paint first just in case.

Try fingernail polish remover, on a small spot first of course. :thumbsup:
Might work, except fingernail polish remover contains acetone which is bad for paint. That's why I recommended Sem Solve. You can probably find it locally tomorrow at an automotive paint supply house.

Might work, except fingernail polish remover contains acetone which is bad for paint. That's why I recommended Sem Solve. You can probably find it locally tomorrow at an automotive paint supply house.

Woops maybe you better not try it.. :banghead:

Back