? ? Wtf ? ?

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Guys what is going on here.

I bought a set of Chromed Calipers for Misty, As soon as I got them I noticed that the piston holes on one of the two halves was different. So I was going to be unable to use that half. Seeing how the half that was correct was the outside ( The side you would see ) I would just use that side and my stock back side after painting it black.

Well I got it off and apart and started looking at the two halves ( My stock back and the Chrome front ) and now I see this.

What is going to happen if I put these two parts together, And why does this one have an extra port.

Ohhhh and I have tried to contact the people I got them from once I noticed the initial difference to no avail.
==========================================================

BRAKES 004.jpg

BRAKES 001.jpg

The one on the left is the new Chrome Front with 2 ports and the one on the right is the stock front with only 1 port, If I attach the chrome with 2 ports to the stock back with one port is it going to work or spray brake fluid everywhere

Not going to take a chance,

Just gonna paint the stock ones black

Just so you all know, I got these from CHROMEZONE on Ebay I wouldnt reccomend them.

Rear one looks good.

Hmm, pretty quick to throw in the towel I think. Give them a chance to make it right.

Hmm, pretty quick to throw in the towel I think. Give them a chance to make it right.

Dude, I bought these like 2 to 3 Months ago.

Several Emails, Pictures Sent, Phone Calls but no answer, So I left messages and my return number.

Im thinking I gave them plenty of chances to make it right.

could you fill in the extra port with something? If it's on the inside and not seen throw some J B weld or something I don't know how hard brake fluid is on stuff but there has to be some solution. Don't give up on a chrome part. Do it for the rest of us "Blingers":please:

did you keep the emails? file a complaint with ebay.? I had a similar problem with jdcustom on ebay. sent back mirrors that clearly didnt fit a busa. he kept putting me off. I posted the emails here on the org. Filed with ebay and got my money back including shipping. Maybe check with them before you ship them back. then ship them back with signature required for receiving so they cant claim they didnt get it... good luck I hate ripoffs

May have solved the problem.

Ebay Member, ( TWINZEE ) Mark who I have done business with in the past has the one 1/2 of the caliper that I need to make these work. Wasnt sure someone would part with 1/2 a caliper but he has one. Pics will be a comin if all goes well. Put left side on last night, ( Looks Gooooood )

Blingers you will be proud :thumbsup:

I would think the chrome ones with the dual fluid holes would work much better, they are probably from a newer replacement version of the brake, or it could be an older version they did away with....you may try to find the correct pistons for the back side of the other chrome piece! ! ! ! maybe contact the brake manufacturer directly...or call that michelle or whatever her name is at cycle brakes....

Last edited:
I would think the chrome ones with the dual fluid holes would work much better, they are probably from a newer replacement version of the brake, or it could be an older version they did away with....you may try to find the correct pistons for the back side of the other chrome piece! ! ! ! maybe contact the barke manufacturer directly...or call that michelle or whatever her name is at cycle brakes....

After all is said and done it will have the duel fluid holes all the way around.

Of the 4 peices they sent me 3 of them will work, and they all 3 have the duel ports, When I first noticed the fourth was different I was just going to use the fronts and paint my stock back black, Thats when I noticed the duel ports and my stock ones only had single ports. Now I have found the one peice I need to match the rest so I think all is well. ( Fingers Crossed )

Last edited:
cool, always a good idea to send out you own parts for chrome....and not exchange....
you can send me your unused stock ones if you want..lol I wanna paint them red

Last edited:
Bruh, I feel your frustration!!! Forget about all this make it work remedies!! You paid for a service to have it correct the first time and you did everything possible to work it out with them (CHROMEZONE)! And now you're stuck!! NOPE file a greivance with EBAY. I'm an Ebayer and they (CHROMEZONE) lost my business! O I'm NCpanther01 on EBAY too and I'm a valued buyer! JM2C!!!!!!!:poke:

Bruh, I feel your frustration!!! Forget about all this make it work remedies!! You paid for a service to have it correct the first time and you did everything possible to work it out with them (CHROMEZONE)! And now you're stuck!! NOPE file a greivance with EBAY. I'm an Ebayer and they (CHROMEZONE) lost my business! O I'm NCpanther01 on EBAY too and I'm a valued buyer! JM2C!!!!!!!:poke:

Heres the rest of the Story, ( My Ignorance ) I saw a set of Chrome calipers on Ebay, I asked them a question about it, He answered the question and then came back with. I have a set in the Back room that is an Overstock item I can let you have for $135.00 less than the ones on Ebay, So I got them, All in all when I get the other half from ( TWINZEE ) I will still have spent less than if I would have gotten the original ones off Ebay from them. Soooo I really cant file a greivance with Ebay because I didnt buy them through Ebay. They warn you about doing this but I have done it many many times and this is the first time there has been a problem. Lesson learned and I wont be getting anything from ( CHROMEZONE ) again I would suggest you all do the same.

DEMMYM bruh, after hearing the rest of the story I have to recant my last remarks about CHROMEZONE!!!! I jumped the gun which I must apologize!!!!!!!!!! D, you lead me to believe it was a normal business deal, which it was merely you trying to get a deal on some bad equipment!! You've learned and so did I!!!!!!!! Enough said JM2C!!!!

Back