Rear sprocket torque specs?

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
I am in the middle of getting the rear tire replaced on the busa, and need the rear torque spec for the rear sprocket?

Here are some torque settings for Gen 1 - found them in the Do it yourself forum on a thread called "Torque Info on Hayabusa" ...
These are some of them -
Here's some helpful information for those of you who do not have a Manuel for the Hayabusa yet.These are torque spec
1.Steering stem head nut=65 lb/ft
2.Steering stem lock nut=58 lb/ft
3.Front fork upper clamp bolt=16.5 lb/ft
4.Front fork lower clamp bolt=16.5 lb/ft
5.Front fork cap bolt=16.5 lb/ft
6.Front axle=72 lb/ft
7.Front axle pinch bolt=16.5 lb/ft
8.Handlebar clamp bolt=7 lb/ft
9.Handlebar holder mounting nut=25 lb/ft
10.Clutch master cyc mounting bolt=7 lb/ft
11.Front brake master cyc mounting bolt=7 lb
12.Front brake caliper mounting bolt=28 lb/ft
13.Front brake caliper housing bolt=15 lb/ft
14.Union bolt=16.5 lb/ft
15.Air bleeder valve=5.5 lb/ft
16.brake disc bolt(front)=16.5 lb/ft
17.Brake disc bolt(rear)=25.5 lb/ft
18.Rear brake caliper mounting bolt=19 lb/ft
19.Rear brake caliper housing bolt=21.5 lb/ft
20.Rear brake master cyc mounting bolt=7 lb
21.Rear brake master cyc rod lock nut=13 lb
22.Front footrest bracket mounting bolt=19 lb
23.Swingarm pivot nut=72 lb/ft
24.Swingarm pivot lock nut=65 lb/ft
25.Swingarm pivot shaft=11 lb/ft
26.Torque link nut (front)=20.5 lb/ft
27.Torque link nut (Rear)=25.5 lb/ft
28.Rear shock absorber mounting nut=36 lb/ft
29.Cushion lever mounting nut=56.5 lb/ft
30.Cushion rod mounting nut=56.5 lb/ft
31.Rear axle nut=72 lb/ft
32.Rear sprocket nut=43 lb/ft
33.Steering damper bolt=16.5 lb/ft
I hope this will help some of you with out a manuel.All settings are in foot/pounds

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 27 November 1999).]

Sorry guys I was having a weak moment! I am getting the big girl back together and sometimes its just hard to sit here and try to find something quickly when you are trying to get things back together! I got the 02 1k done an hour ago. Both needed rear tires, but went up +3 on the busa!

Sorry guys I was having a weak moment! I am getting the big girl back together and sometimes its just hard to sit here and try to find something quickly when you are trying to get things back together! I got the 02 1k done an hour ago. Both needed rear tires, but went up +3 on the busa!
I went up 3 on mine too... pretty snappy (hope not too much so)

I went up to a 190/55r17 for better turn in and better contact patch for the corners. I was talking to Ba Busa about upping the sprocket in back to +2 over stock. He recommended going to a +3 due to me going to a taller tire. So it would act like a +2 on the rear with the stock size tire 190/50r17.

Rich that works out great!!! Thanks for the help you all! Ba Busa (Rich) I cant wait to ride this thing!! +1" up in ride height on the dogbones, then the taller tire, and then the shorter wheel base with the larger +3 rear sprocket! Ill need to be nice on the Gas!

Back