Clutch cover mod

billyerds01

Registered
This question is for those who have done the clutch cover cutout mod.

Did you guys remove the thick foam weatherstripping completely after you cut the fairing, or leave a small piece in there to support the fairing to the clutch cover. Just wondering...dont want it to be flimsy and take the support away without checking with experienced clutch cover modders.:poke:

heres a clear stator cover

CSC - Custom Sportbike Concepts - Product Details

2008ClearStatorl.jpg

hey i want to cut mine out also have you found anyone with a templet to use to get a clean cut??????????????? 626-502-3969 mark:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

Pull the faceplate off the clutchcover, put the fairing back on and trace around the plate with a grease pencil. Turns out perfect.:thumbsup:

that pointed piece of plastic fairing on the bottom left of the circle, the one at 7 o'clock might tap into the bike and make some noise. check for clearance at that point. i cut mine straight back instead of upward. also, you don't want your pants caught on that "hook" of a curve.

IMG_1944 copy.JPG

Make a round cardboard template. With the faring in place (buttoned up, except for big screwdown by exhaust) Center the template on the clutch cover and tape it to the inside of the fairing. Now take off fairing and use chaulk or magic marker to trace on the inside of fairing.
Make the template a bit smaller to leave you a little margin for error. :beerchug:

Back