help new member please

mrshryock

Registered
I have a 99 busa i just got it last month and it was not charging. the battery tested good, so i got a new voltage regulator. it ran fine for awhile took it out today rode to the first place came out it fired right up went to the second place came out and it wouldnt start didnt have enough power push started it got it home shut it down it wouldnt start back up. waited awhile went back out and it fired right up what could be the problem? Im leaving for bike week on thursday, and dont want to get down there and break down.

Last edited:
I have a 99 busa i just got it last month and it was not charging. the battery tested good, so i got a new voltage regulator. it ran fine for awhile took it out today rode to the first place came out it fired right up went to the second place came out and it wouldnt start didnt have enough power push started it got it home shut it down it wouldnt start back up. waited awhile went back out and it fired right up what could be the problem? Im leaving for bike week on thursday, and dont want to get down there and break down.

i had the similar problem and it had something to do with kickstand safety switch, for some reason it drain the battery or seems like it did. when i had the kick stand down it would not start and then when i had it up it would start, weird but i replace it and it did not do it anymore, this was on my 05 busa.

Last edited:
connections are tight not sure had it checked a month ago and it tested good bought a new one today , but it wont be ready till 2maro.

When you say it wont start, Did it even try, Did it drag or nothing at all.

The new battery is the best place to start. When you replaced the regulater was it brand new? Or did you get a used one?

If it was new then after the battery I would try the generetor.

<<<<<BATTERY BATTERY BATTERY>>>>> it started after awhile because the battery had time to refresh a bit
also when the motor does crank with a low battery it wont fire because the ECU is looking for a minimun RPM before it kicks on the ignition coils so to little rpm and there is no spark, when you push started it you forced it to have the right amount of rpm to FIRE and that's why it started..

Last edited:
thanks im gonna put the new battery in 2maro , when i put the new volt regulator on it held at 14 on the volt meater now its at 13. the battery had to dump, the volt regulator was brand new.

yeah it would be really nice to see it reading about 14.4 volts
by the way where are you from? I checked but it wasnt in your profile yet...I'm in Northern indiana (home of the snow)

Last edited:
something is draining your battery, hope the new battery work for you but you could have same problem with new one!

something is draining your battery, hope the new battery work for you but you could have same problem with new one!
yeah its a bad battery, the bike is a 99 even if this is the 3rd battery it time for a new one, I would check your sensors and switches though if you can just as a precaution like shawnski said

Last edited:
another reason it would start after sitting is the engine cools down then the battery doesnt have to work as hard to turn over.

I'm betting battery too. Sounds like what mine did when I tried keeping stock battery after going big bore. You need more volts.

Back