So how hard is it really

MST1TED

Registered
I need to remove my oilpan to replace with a new one.
Just need a little input on the best way to do it....so if you have any tips
or trick's that may save time or me throwing things that would be great.
Thank's in advance.:beerchug:

I havent done it but I'd imagine remove exhaust then remove pan and replace with a new gasket and alternate bolts when tightening and I believe they are torqued to 8#

Thank's 99 the manual says to remove engine but thats's for the internal
parts located in that area. I just need to take the pan of and put a new pan on. I'm just lookin for those free tips that make life so easy.:beerchug:

it's not bad. did mine a month or so ago. keep an eye on which bolts come from which holes, and torque them up right. 99'Busa is right, have to pull the exhaust. No need to pull the radiator, just the bolts to push/swing it out of the way.

it's not bad. did mine a month or so ago. keep an eye on which bolts come from which holes, and torque them up right. 99'Busa is right, have to pull the exhaust. No need to pull the radiator, just the bolts to push/swing it out of the way.

I have a Hindle full xhaust system so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thank's Wild:beerchug:

The only bolt that matters to go back in place is the one with the spacer. It belongs to the rear corner on the clutch side. (right sitting on bike)
Should take you about 5 minutes total. Cometic has a really good gasket. You can reuse the stock one if it has no rip, tear, or dirt issues.

O yea, and you gotta replace the oil too...:laugh:

The only bolt that matters to go back in place is the one with the spacer. It belongs to the rear corner on the clutch side. (right sitting on bike)
Should take you about 5 minutes total. Cometic has a really good gasket. You can reuse the stock one if it has no rip, tear, or dirt issues.

a spacer?

there is one O ring that must be replaced, and there 2 longer bolt toward the oil filter region.

this one...

DSCN0446_00397.jpg

pic.jpg

I need to remove my oilpan to replace with a new one.
Just need a little input on the best way to do it....so if you have any tips
or trick's that may save time or me throwing things that would be great.
Thank's in advance.:beerchug:

While you have the oil pan off, you might want to put in a windage tray and a high pressure relief valve, plus have a new pan gasket on hand in case you rip the original one.

UNLESS YOU FLIP THE BIKE UPSIDE DOWN...... Thank you, thank ya very mushhhh..... :oldcool:

Back