anybody have this taillight lens set?

dsbunton646

Registered
i want these on my bike but i am afraid they will cut down on the brightness of my taillight, signals, and more importantly my brake light. i was wondering if anybody has them installed and what the difference is as far as the brightness goes. also do you think replacing the taillight with a led replacement would help? thanks in advance.

08_busa_main.jpg

i want these on my bike but i am afraid they will cut down on the brightness of my taillight, signals, and more importantly my brake light. i was wondering if anybody has them installed and what the difference is as far as the brightness goes. also do you think replacing the taillight with a led replacement would help? thanks in advance.

I don't see anything....so it must be too dark. :whistle:

Had to rib you a little.

I have this mod with the led taillight mod too.......the brakelight is good on brightness but the blinkers that are integrated into it aren't that bright....Obviously that's from the flash on the camera......sorry I don't have any pics with the tail lit up

GEDC0088.jpg

Last edited:
I seen that in person with an aftermarket LED tail light. To me is still not bright enough. and you can barely see the turn signals

I think txbikerdude has them on his. you might PM him.

I just installed those lenses from HBR and I don't recommend them. In fact, I don't recommend ANYTHING from HBR because I've had nothing but fitment issues and bad customer service from them. They look great but I would say get the Clear Alternative smoke lense set

I just installed those lenses from HBR and I don't recommend them. In fact, I don't recommend ANYTHING from HBR because I've had nothing but fitment issues and bad customer service from them. They look great but I would say get the Clear Alternative smoke lense set

Clear Alternative smoke lense set????

I'm about to install the C/A (Clear Alternatives) to replace the ones you're looking for.

I'll post pix of those after they're installed.

I've had the HBR ones on my Gen2 for six months or so.

Is that the Hotbodies? I have the Hotbodies with the Powerbronze LED taillights. I think it is brighter than stock. The lens looks dark like that when it goes over the stock red taillight lens. When it goes over the clear lens of an LED taillight it's not that dark and it's actually a greenish grey. I would have preferred if it was charcoal grey because my bike is charcoal but I like it a lot anyway.

Back