My new SHOEI X-11

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
This Lid is amazing! You want real air flow with total control, a lightweight helmet with flawless finish and a great fit compared to all previous models, get an X-11. This thing has BLING!:thumbsup: Ask any questions you wish,

Dave

100_1133.jpg

100_1154.jpg

100_1141.jpg

100_1143.jpg

100_1147.jpg

IMO Shoei makes the best stuff, and the X-11 is at the top of that pile~!

Nice. :beerchug:

Looking at the internal components such as the 2 layer separate density foam with air flow cavities built into them in a way that a cushion of air flows over the top of your head and heat exhausts well out the back vents. When cool outside and you open the chin vent, be prepared because it really works. Air hits you immediately when you open it. I think vents that actually work is quite a premise! I am glad to vent with the X-11!:beerchug:

great choice, my x11 is by far the most comfortable I have worn on my oval head.

Very nice. Been wanting one myself, but haven't come to terms on shelling out the coin for one. I have RF-1000 right now and love it.

How is it behind a semi with the wind(ya know how it makes you feel like a bobble head), and turning to the side to look behind you at a higher speed(the wind jerks your head around). How dose it flow in those situations. I have been thinking of upgrading from the TZ-R...

Last edited:
How is it behind a semi with the wind(ya know how it makes you feel like a bobble head), and turning to the side to look behind you at a higher speed(the wind jerks your head around). How dose it flow in those situations. I have been thinking of upgrading from the TZ-R...

I would like to say that all of those nasty things are gone with the X-11 and at speeds of 45-60 they pretty much are. Now, as every other helmet I have worn to date and I have 5 new models that I am looking at as I type, they all do this to a degree. The wind is a nasty thing and yes my head does bobble doing a head check at 70+ in a heavy crosswind. I had the RF-1000 also and hoped maybe the X-11 was a "cure all" to all helmet shortcomings. It isn't and no helmet will be because of the shear force of wind and nature at speed! :thumbsup:

That said, they are getting better each time they release a new model and this one is better than the 1000 due mostly to increased air flow and a more oval fit. I totally know where you are coming from as I and most of us dislike the feeling of the wind attempting tip remove our heads:banghead:

How is the noise inside the helmet with wind and while riding? My current Shoei is awesome for fit and comfort but I wish it was just a little quieter.

How is the noise inside the helmet with wind and while riding? My current Shoei is awesome for fit and comfort but I wish it was just a little quieter.

Again I gotta be honest, it is loud! No whistles or squeals but a loud roar of wind as all others. I tried earplugs for the first time last weekend and it was good. It was strange not hearing the normal things but the wind noise was very tolerable. I took them out mid day and rode without them.. It will take some getting used to but I think the plugs as many members have said, may be the way to go! I hate the noise too and nobody can eliminate it once again due to the dynamics of wind and motion! ???

Back