06 LE Owners only

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
I saw a post the other day where someone was asking how many of a particular busa were made. Of course this information is not provided by Suzuki so I got to thinking and came up with an idea. Guys that have the White and Silver LE models are quite fond of them, myself included. I'll eventually buy another busa but my 06 is not going anywhere.

So here's my thought. I propose a little experiment here. Those that own a white and silver 06, even those that have owned but sold or crashed one if you have the info post it up. The main thing I'm interested in seeing is how many members here have them or have had them and what kind of a range there is on the last digits of the VIN #. I'm betting Suzuki builds them in groups and it would be interesting to see if any of the members here have VIN#s that are consecutive as well as a range in the number of bikes produced.

My last 8 digits of my vin on my 06LE 62110673

I've had two of them...

The one that's currently in my garage has

as the final 8 digits...

I'll check the files on my first one after I get home and post that in here, as well.

Great idea!

I've had two of them...

The one that's currently in my garage has

as the final 8 digits...

I'll check the files on my first one after I get home and post that in here, as well.

Great idea!

Not to thread jack, but I think those numbers in red Scar posted are the MILEAGE, not the VIN :poke: :whistle:

You can get statistics from here: Motorcycle Industry Council
- for $200 you can get a detailed report: MIC_MSA_TOC.pdf

Suzuki publishes annual reports here: Financial Information | Global Suzuki

Vin number detail here; https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/470801-post34.html
In short - the 6 means 2006, the 2 means Suzuki, the other numbers are serial number. Not clear if LE's use their own 'set' of numbers or are mixed in with non-LE's and/or other types.

Hayabusa sales have not officially been broken out, but several estimates exist: Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia
From its debut in 1999 to June 2007 over 100,000 Hayabusas were sold worldwide[6]. In the United States during the year 2005 over 10,000 units were sold.[7] For 2006 in the US sales of the Hayabusa were twice that of the Kawasaki ZX-14, which was being released that year. [8] And again for the year over 10,000 units were sold in the US.[9]

Overall, sales in the US have increased year after year since its release in 1999 until 2006 and went from just a few thousand units in 1999 to over 10,000 in 2006.[10][9] Worldwide yearly sales statistics are not known.​
It is reasonable to assume that about 10,000 hayabusa's were sold in US in 2006, most likely evenly distributed among the four different '06 color schemes.
- So - in estimate, around 2,500 LE's in 2006 in US

BTW - my vin number has 621092xx

P.S. Here's a good link for annual color schemes: Hayabusa model history
--- You can also get the color codes from ColorRite: Paint Search :: Color Results

P.P.S. the US 2006 LE showed up in UK and Australia as the 2007 LE model.

2006 models:

2006_blackgrey.gif

2006_blackred.gif

2006_bluegray.gif

2006_white_silver.gif

Good Statistics BayBusa, but I do disagree that the colors are evenly distributed. It is often the case that fewer of certain colors are made by manufacturers, even in cases where it isn't a Limited Edition Model.

I sold all 4 Japanese Brands for 5 years and typically black bikes are produced in smaller number and the signature color of the brand (red for Honda, blue/white for gsxrs, green for kawi) is the most produced color.

Good Statistics BayBusa, but I do disagree that the colors are evenly distributed. It is often the case that fewer of certain colors are made by manufacturers, even in cases where it isn't a Limited Edition Model.

I sold all 4 Japanese Brands for 5 years and typically black bikes are produced in smaller number and the signature color of the brand (red for Honda, blue/white for gsxrs, green for kawi) is the most produced color.

I agree. I see busa's all the time around here, but I've only seen 3 06LEs including mine. I've seen a lot of the burgandy/black and blue/silver 06's. Even online the LE's are pretty rare in comparison to the other color schemes. The number I've heard from 3 different dealers was 500 white/silver.

Interesting so far as baybusa's # is 092xx which is the lowest so far and scar's is 11,9xx, that's a difference right there of 2,700. Although this is far from an official scientific survey it already raises some interesting thoughts

I'll do some digging and see if I can't come up with information on what all of the digits mean.

Interesting so far as baybusa's # is 092xx which is the lowest so far and scar's is 11,9xx, that's a difference right there of 2,700. Although this is far from an official scientific survey it already raises some interesting thoughts

I'll do some digging and see if I can't come up with information on what all of the digits mean.

Indeed, now that you mention it (Yes, SOS, I said 'indeed' :whistle:) I'm eager to get the details on my first '06LE to compare to my 2nd one.

Fascinating study. :laugh:

I also remember hearing from several dealerships that they were only allowed to have 2, I think it was. Maybe 3 for the dealers that sell more volume.

I also remember hearing from several dealerships that they were only allowed to have 2, I think it was. Maybe 3 for the dealers that sell more volume.

I'm racking my brain trying to think how many we got in. Agghh 06 was so long ago in bike years :laugh:

I don't think we got too many, 3 might be right. We were (are, but I don't work there anymore) a Level 1 dealer (largest volume) so you may be on the money on this one indeed

I had a hard time to locate mine here in ONTARIO / CANADA .SUZUKI Dealer i dealt with got it from a SUZUKI Dealer in Quebec .I took pictures of it being BORN from the CRATE .I saved the tags and paperwork form the CRATE .Here is a picture of it being assembled :thumbsup:

NOTICE blue plastic on exhaust pipes and plastic on seats no windshield / ETC. :laugh:

LIMITED BUILD.jpg

LIMITED CRATE.jpg

I had a hard time to locate mine here in ONTARIO / CANADA .SUZUKI Dealer i dealt with got it from a SUZUKI Dealer in Quebec .I took pictures of it being BORN from the CRATE .I saved the tags and paperwork form the CRATE .Here is a picture of it being assembled :thumbsup:

NOTICE blue plastic on exhaust pipes and plastic on seats no windshield / ETC. :laugh:

So, Jason: Timing is everything, no? Yes! :whistle:

Last edited:
Sorry Buddy , I just got done PM you :rofl::laugh:
I will look for it and post Number :beerchug:

. I'm betting Suzuki builds them in groups and it would be interesting to see if any of the members here have VIN#s that are consecutive as well as a range in the number of bikes produced.

My last 8 digits of my vin on my 06LE 62110673

*** I work in a UNNAMED PLANT and Vehicles can be built in batches but the Vehicle Indentification Number is not going to be Sequencial .****

But my VIN is 62104XXX

THE 2006 LIMITED EDITION Model number from paper work in the CRATE from SUZUKI is (( 25029 )) - GSX1300RZK6 .

*** I work in a UNNAMED PLANT and Vehicles can be built in batches but the Vehicle Indentification Number is not going to be Sequencial .****

But my VIN is 62104XXX

THE 2006 LIMITED EDITION Model number from paper work in the CRATE from SUZUKI is (( 25029 )) - GSX1300RZK6 .

This was what I was afraid of. Seeing as your VIN is approximately 6,673 units off from mine this pretty much shows that the numbers are not sequential but instead most likely in batches. Either way it will still be interesting to see if we can piece together a batch. Would be kind of neat to know the owner of the one that rolled off the line in front of or behind mine. Does built first make it faster?

Back