Undertails

Hayabusa2005

Registered
Looking at buying an Undertail. Any ideas?

Here is what I want...simplicity to install. I dont want to hack and saw, etc. Something that comes pre-drilled, pre-painted, and pre-wired as well as something that FITS like a glove and looks sharp. What are my best options?

PS: I have been looking at Hot Bodies Undertail.

This one?

Let me know, will send one out. :cheerleader:

hotbodies_undertail_busa_red_1_500.jpg

hotbodies_undertail_busa_red_1_500.jpg

Looking at buying an Undertail. Any ideas?

Here is what I want...simplicity to install. I dont want to hack and saw, etc. Something that comes pre-drilled, pre-painted, and pre-wired as well as something that FITS like a glove and looks sharp. What are my best options?

From my experiences, they come pre-painted/powder coated. Pre-wired, that is dependant on application, most are made in a factory from a mold so they fit as close to a glove as you can get produced that way. Most there are no modification needed, just slip on over old factory undertail and beneath the tail section sandwiched between. Most companies provide instructions, so install is a snap.
Pashnit is a stand up guy and has reasonable prices that I can see, give him a shot.

HOTBODIES!!! Please dont waste your time and money on anything else, the color is right, the fit is OEM, the wiring is 1-2-3. If you dont like the style to bad, the other ones dont fit so it looks bad anyway.

Ya but you haveto cut half of your glove box off to install the undertail. but you get it all bck when everything is done and the lights arent that bright but they make replacements at clear alternatives for them. I love my hotbodies tail and would ever trade it. Directions were precise and it did fit like a glove.

32208 007.jpg

Ya but you haveto cut half of your glove box off to install the undertail. but you get it all bck when everything is done and the lights arent that bright but they make replacements at clear alternatives for them. I love my hotbodies tail and would ever trade it. Directions were precise and it did fit like a glove.

replacements? what, where,.....

I have the hotbodies also. Love it, but the lighting in the day sucks. You will have to chop, hack and saw a little.

DSC04626.JPG

Another :thumbsup: for Hotbodies. I have the 07 Red and the color match in nearly dead on. Lights are just fine at night, during the day...ehh...so so, make sure you get some resistors to crank down the flash rate. Those leds flash like 150 times/minute without the resistors. With they go back to the normal 60 flash/minute and look factory again. The turn signal leds are just fine in the day FYI, it's the brake lights that don't brighten up enough.

HOTBODIES!!! Please dont waste your time and money on anything else, the color is right, the fit is OEM, the wiring is 1-2-3. If you dont like the style to bad, the other ones dont fit so it looks bad anyway.

Really? Hmmm, mine was a perfect fit without having to cut or drill. Painted to match factory paint and wiring was a breeze. Guess I just got lucky:whistle:

I think I will go with the Hot Bodies Undertail...where will I get the resistors to decrease the flash/minute?

Haya- besides the Hot Bodies Undertails, the other item I could provide you with is this: It's called a Dual Load Equalizer and it's $18 bucks.

Note you could do it yourself and there's a thread or two on how owners modified the flash rate on their own with a simple radio shack resister doohickey. If you're like me, you may not want to mess with that stuff.

Need one of these too, let me know. :thumbsup:

s01008.jpg

s01008.jpg

Back