07' question

dewie

Registered
Hey guys, I've got a newbie question for you. My buddy just picked up a 2007 LE Blue today. Since I have an 05' I went to go and look at it with him.. The guy selling it said the 07 comes with traction control?? Have I been living under a rock and am just wrapped up in the 2005 models, or is it true? He said it will pull back power when you try to wheelie and if you lose traction it will also do the same.. Can some one set the record straight with me? I'll get him to post up some pics, it's sweet, has the intergrated tail light and Jardine slip ons.

oh, and I did try the search..

There is no traction control. There isn't even an 07 LE. That salesman should go into car sales if he wants traction control.???

Last edited:
Only way it could have traction control is if the guy has a bazzaz system installed on it with the traction control option. Ask him if he does if not he is lieing or just plain stupid.

2000 and up Busa's do have a speed limiter, could that be what he meant?

Also, the 2008 and up Busa's have the 'mode-switch', which reduces the hp-output in b and c modes, could that be something he mixed in also? Kind of useful on slick pavement.

But the wheelie comment throws me off - sounds more like a 2008 Kawa ZX-10R.

You can add it however Z-Fi: Traction Control for $1,000!.

Either that, or you are dealing with a stereotypical sales-guy :)

No factory option for traction control...also no "LE" Limited Edition since the '06 model.

'99-'00 models were unristricted...the limiter on 2001 and up models...limits your max rpm in 6th gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

The 2008 models have the A, B, C mode for different driving modes (I believe it restricts the throttle response by limiting the RPMs). Some people use B or C mode for in the rain, but it does not give you any better traction. I know the B-King has this and believe the 2008-09 Busas have it too. I am not sure if the 2007 have it.

HMMMMMMMM if you could have seen the look on my face when I read that my 07 has traction control you would have gotten your answer.

She dont slow down or pull back for nothing other than my wrist action.

One other thing, The Blue is slower than the Burgandy, Maybe thats what he meant :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

demmym I think we are gonna have to race and i'll show you how fast the blue is, But then again it wouldnt be a fair race since you have all that chrome and those spikes will just leave you stuck at the starting line.:laugh: Why would you want traction control on a busa anyway?

demmym I think we are gonna have to race and i'll show you how fast the blue is, But then again it wouldnt be a fair race since you have all that chrome and those spikes will just leave you stuck at the starting line.:laugh: Why would you want traction control on a busa anyway?

Unless your planning on coming to OKLA, I will have to turn you over to DJSIN he is our local Burgandy Hayabusa is the faster color proving bike in that part of the country. Also has spikes so be carefull.

Sorry Todd didnt mean to put you on the spot. :whistle:

Hey also enjoyed talking with you the other night, Very informative conversation. Thanks.

One other thing, The Blue is slower than the Burgandy, Maybe thats what he meant :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yep, this is true. Because the blue is higher up in frequency in the optical band close to the ultraviolet, it starts to hit power limits as the bike approaches the speed of light. The burgandy Busa is on the other end of the visual spectrum, closer to the infrared, so it can go quite a bit faster before it starts hitting the same limits that the blue busa hits at a substantially lower speed.

To put this in laymans terms, the blue Busa only looks faster when it's sitting still. Due to photonic drag in the inertial reference frame, the Blue Busa needs approximately 23.7 hp more to keep up with the Burgandy Busa at the top end.

Of course, the black frames of the Limited and 2007 models do reduce photonic drag for both bikes, but the Burgandy still is faster.

I hope I have made this clear.

Last edited:
Yep, this is true. Because the blue is higher up in frequency in the optical band close to the ultraviolet, it starts to hit power limits as the bike approaches the speed of light. The burgandy Busa is on the other end of the visual spectrum, closer to the infrared, so it can go quite a bit faster before it starts hitting the same limits that the blue busa hits at a substantially lower speed.

To put this in laymans terms, the blue Busa only looks faster when it's sitting still. Due to photonic drag in the inertial reference frame, the Blue Busa needs approximately 23.7 hp more to keep up with the Burgandy Busa at the top end.

Of course, the black frames of the Limited and 2007 models do reduce photonic drag for both bikes, but the Burgandy still is faster.

I hope I have made this clear.

I like this guy :thumbsup:

Back