What Should I Pay for '06 Busa?

Kawboy14

Registered
I like the looks of the Gen I's best and have settled on buying either an '06 or '07 model Busa with '06 preferred (I like the paint jobs that year) and their seems to be plenty around for sale. My question is how much should I pay? I'm looking only at unmodified machines with low mileage, always garaged and very clean. NADA high retail pricing is $7910 for a plain vanilla '06 and $8325 for the '06 Limited Edition version. I've found one of each but both owners are asking substantially more than high NADA retail. In the case of the Limited with 4200 miles, the guys wants $8900 and the for the plain vanilla one $8500 with 2400 miles. I don't like to be low balled and I don't like to do it to others either but I don't want to overpay. I will pay a fair price for a clean bike, in this economy about what should I be offering for these bikes? I'm in North Texas and we have pretty much year around riding here if that matters.

I've got an 06LE with 5600 miles on it, bought it last year from dealer with 2800 miles on it and bill was 8500 tax included.

That was one year ago, economy was better and it was newer with lower miles. It was bone stock and immaculate in condition.

In all reality with today's economy, if I were going to sell the bike and wanted to move it I would probably price it between $7500 and $8000. In my opinion that would be fair for both buyer and seller. If I was in a pinch and needed to move it I'm thinking it would probably be listed $6800 - $7300 for a starting point.

Many factors to be considered when shopping for a used bike, patience will get you your best deal as time should present some great buying opportunities with today's economy. Downside is, riding season is fast approaching and you may or may not have a bike in the time frame you want unless you pay a little more.

As my sales manager used to say when I was selling cars for a living. A good deal is nothing more than a frame of mind and one mans opinion.

I just bought a very nice 2005 with 2200 miles for 6900.00 - all bone stock. I looked around quite a bit and found 2006's to be in the $7000 range and I found a few 2007 for $7000-7500.00 - just remember you can buy a 2008 brand new at dealer for $9850 - $10,200. I would use that point towards the sellers wanting 8500.00 for a 2006/2007. I agree with XXX up above. Keeping looking...there will always be bikes for sale and someone in need of selling. Dont settle on the first few.

Idk the difference a year or two makes, but I just had my uncle pick up my 08 with less than 600 miles on it for $8000 even. Lot of people falling on hard times that are letting the toys go first. The more you look, the better deals you find!

Unfortunately I still have to drool until I get home in May :banghead:

I would put in an offer to those two if you like them. What's the worst that can happen, they say no? If that is the case, take your time & shop around, you'll eventually find something in your price range.

I just picked up an 03 with 5400 miles for 4500$. A lot older than what you want, but just an FYI, there are people out there that need to dump their bike, as they get laid off ot something... good luck happy hunting!!!

I called a guy about a bike last year, bone stock, immaculate condition, low miles, just what I was looking for, but I did have the cash to go as high as he was asking. So after chatting for maybe 2 minutes on the phone, I told him that I'd love to see the bike, but I'm just not prepared to go that high, so rather than waste your time, I'll tell you that I've got my budget, $6500 is the absolute highest I can go, and that's only if everything checks out.

He told me he wanted more - think he was asking $7200 at the time. I said, look, you just started showing it and now at least you have one offer to compare other offers to, here's my number, call me if you haven't sold it it in a week or two and we can get together.

Darned if he didn't call me back the following week, but by then I had found an even better deal.

The moral of this story is that I didn't waste much of his time or mine. He didn't wait around half a day for me to show up. He knew what he'd be dealing with pricewise if he did call me back.

What I liked about the '07s was the black frame, and the burgundy and black Busa's are purdy.

Good luck on the bike / build up :whistle:

GSX1300RK6_BlackRed_2006euro.jpg

Is this the Burgundy and Black '06? If so, it's the one that caught my eye, really good looking bike. I think I've got him down to $8000 but even that is still too high. Bike has only 2400 miles though. It would be hard for me to go back and offer him $7000 now.

Last edited:
I got an 06 with slip ons, tre, risers, and integreated taillight with 4200 miles for $6500. Keep looking

That is the the bike I just purchased with 2900 miles for 6800. Same color and all. Nice taste you have there:thumbsup:

Yea, I really like that paint scheme but the guy just turned me down for an offer of $8000, he's nuts.:moon: I found an '07 with 3000 miles for $7500 but it's the blue one..not my favorite color but I might go look at it and make him an offer. I think this is a regional thing, Texas economy is still doing pretty well and nobody seems to be panic selling.......yet. Other parts of the country are being hit by mass layoffs. I'll keep looking.

John

Last edited:
GSX1300RK6_BlackRed_2006euro.jpg

Is this the Burgundy and Black '06? If so, it's the one that caught my eye, really good looking bike. I think I've got him down to $8000 but even that is still too high. Bike has only 2400 miles though. It would be hard for me to go back and offer him $7000 now.

That's what's referred to as the '06 cranberry and they are beautiful.

Keep a look out, just gotta 06 that was dropped, no damage other than to the left slider and a scratched up mirror and bar end and a small section of scratches where the nose fairing meets the side. 520 miles paid $6500. yes 520

I bought my 06LE in Sep. of 07 with 2000 miles, yosh slip ons, and in perfect condition for $9000. He was askin 9500 but he took 9 for it. NADA at the time was 10,300 though. I'd say don't pay more than NADA. I don't like Kelly Blue Book for used prices on cars or bikes. Dealership I use to work for wouldn't even talk about a KBB price. Only NADA.

got one for sale here... 2006 busa black and silver, 16,000 miles.. trying to get out from underneath it.. hard times call for the toys to go first.. PM for more info

Back