fitting an 08 full exhaust on an 04

xetremex

Registered
Correct me if I am wrong here, but what all is involved in fitting an '08 (gen 2?) full exhaust on an '04 (gen 1?). Is it just fabricating a bracket for where it bolts up under the frame, or will the headers not bolt up properly either? Need a quick and definitive answer please. Thanks!

I can't provide a quick and definitive answer but I did see on here that someone did put gen 2 exhaust onto their gen 1. Sorry I couldn't help more but good luck.

I have a Gen II Tsukigi Cannon on my Gen I. The exhaust fits but there are some issues you will have to deal with. for me it was the interference between the tubing passes by the centerstand/belly wing mount. It wasn't acceptable to me to cut themount off so a little massaging with a persuasion tool did the trick with no noticeable loss in performance. I'm sure it could be measured on a dyno but my butt doesn't feel it.

Other than maybe putting shortened gen II cans on, I don't see any benefit either. If it's just for looks and that's what you like go for it.

I kind of like the looks of the Gen II exhaust. Figure it probably flows better than Gen I and could be picked up cheap from somebody who put an aftermarket exhaust on their Gen II.

Gen2 stock or aftermarket? I like the Tsukigi cannon setup

Back