just wondering

quicky

Registered
1. did suzuki ever make a bike with a turbo that you could buy off the showroom floor?

2. what were all the factory turbo bikes from hon,yam, and kaw? i know about the black kaw tc from the 80s but thats the only factory turbo bike i know of.

3. what is the most turboed bike of all time? aftermarket. it has to be the busa? what is the next turboed bike?

just curious why no manufactuers don't offer turbos on there bikes. honda has turbos on there pwc's.

the lamest turbo bike had to be the SilverWing by honda at 500CC of pure boredom... we only got them up to about 15psi before they started pissing head gaskets and they were still dogs.. gave up trying to make them run good..

Kaw had a 900cc factory turbo bike that ran pretty respectable.. worked better when we put it on a 1liter Z1R and popped the boost up to 20psi for drag racing..

The guy that owned the bike (Shane) was a crew member for Mac Mccord (Gorilla AA/Fuel Altered out of Tempe AZ) and he ended up selling the thing cause it scared him.. go figure...

gorilla1.jpg

Last edited:
My uncle had a Kawi GPZ 750 Turbo. For back then, it was pretty badaZZ. I think it was 1984.

BTW....he still has the bike. :laugh:

Honda made a 650 turbo as well 82ish I believe.

A guy was at the shop with a fully restored one about a year ago. Pretty amazing bike for its time.

just curious why no manufactuers don't offer turbos on there bikes. honda has turbos on there pwc's.

Why? They are putting restrictions on them at it is without a turbo.:laugh:

I figure it's cause just not worth the hassle meaning, guys cranking up the boost tearing them up. Or could be cause it would crank up the price to more than double, lower sales amount of the units. If a stage 1 system is about 4-5K in the aftermarket arena they probably raise the price to about 8 or 9K extra and it won't get you around the turn any faster either but just maybe get you enough extra speed to crash through the guard rail instead of bouncing off it:laugh: Just my random thoughts I personally would have found a way to a buy a Turbo B king my self:laugh:

While having Suzuki offer a turbo sportbike or Busa option would be neat. I doubt it would be 2 things. Affordable and worth your time compared to what the aftermarket offers in turbo systems. The most I would see Suzuki doing is a 4# turbo system that might make 210hp. You gotta think big business and review what manufacturers have done in the past with motorcycles AND cars. It wouldn't be radical, think tame.

Imagine just trying to get something warrantied, it would be a nightmare. They would blame EVERY mod you'd made to the bike. That and insurance would be skyhigh.
In the end it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Last edited:
a friend of mine had an 80s kawi gpz550 turbo...at least the best I can remember...for some reason he wouldn't let me near it:whistle:, so I didn't pay too much attention. my other friend had a 600 hurricane which I spent most my time on:thumbsup:

Back