AHHHHH Windscreen!!! Help`

igorsgonemadd

Registered
Ok So I finally wrestled those stupid grommets out and slid the windscreen out. Now i cant get the new one lined up in there does it go between the outer fairing and the black inner plastic that the mirrors bolt to. And do I need to take the mirrors off? Help asap.

No problem. gentlely separate the windscreen from the inside, just enough for you can insert the rubber grommet through the outside fairing and then manipulate the screen until rubber grommet can insert through windscreen.

Take your time, wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have came over.

after you install the screen those threaded rubber grommets expand--I would go and purchase new ones they slip right in no spit needed!

Will you be home tomorrow? Call me in the morning, I can swing by, 381-4554.

Do not need to even touch the mirrors.Must align properly for the bolts and nuts especially the rubber washers

No I work tomarrow I have to be there at 6am. But I will call you tomarrow. I am going to take you up on that coming by offer. I have the windscreen in and lined up but I cant get those rubber grommets in to save my life. Nothing has worked out tonight spikes dont fit either all the all thread is the wrong length. So I am going to bed before I screw my bike up out of frustration.:banghead:

Put the screw in the rubber grommet and push it in, it will slide in easy. and yeah.. spit on it.

BINGO !!!! :super: :super: :super:

A little :drool: goes a long way, just thread it a half-turn or so and push slowly until the little rubber flange lines up on the outside then turn the screw in and snug it by hand. You won't need a driver for this, just enough to flair the rubber inside the windscreen....install your pushpin on the inside cover, and you're done !!!

No I work tomarrow I have to be there at 6am. But I will call you tomarrow. I am going to take you up on that coming by offer. I have the windscreen in and lined up but I cant get those rubber grommets in to save my life. Nothing has worked out tonight spikes dont fit either all the all thread is the wrong length. So I am going to bed before I screw my bike up out of frustration.:banghead:

Sounds good, call me when you get home.

Windscreen is in:laugh: Huuuuuuuuge thanks to james:bowdown:, who came out today and got those grommets in for me. Your the man!! I will post some pics soon.

Back