Clutch vs Brake fluid

Tiresmoke

Registered
If you look in the little windows, the brake fluid is light in color while the clutch fluid is starting to get a little darker. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it's all brake fluid, but you know what I mean.

My question is "Is this normal?" I've got around 740 miles on the bike so far.

Another question... is there a way to lighten the clutch pull?

Thanks in advance.

yeah some bikes have the clutch fluid go darker.  It comes from the seal.  Dirt and grim getting into the fluid and darkening it.  You can bleed the clutch and put new fluid in every so often.  Thats what I did.  There is a fix someone made a seal guard or something of the sort to stop this from happening.

The only way I know of to lighten the pull on the clutch is to put lighter duty springs in the clutch but I would HIGHLY suggest against it.  If you're having a hard time pulling in the clutch.... I suggest doing grip workouts to strengthen your grip.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082396299 -->

So ya want to learn about brake fluid look no further.... READ ME!

Color change is normal and not always and indication to replace. Many factors to consider, but the obvious is moisture entering the system. Even if you never open the brake system up' moisture can penetrate the rubber hoses of your brake lines.....

Back