Would you buy this?

I will say I am tempted, price is more than attractive

However I would want to know more about the kit and HID systems in general before making a commitment.

Old saying comes to mind: "nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good"

There has to be a reason why they are so cheap, inferior quality maybe?

I'd want some opinions from the pros before making a decision.

Honestly, I would just get a good bulb instead...The link below is the same lights I have in my bike & I get people asking me all the time what HID system I went with...When I tell them its a buld only, they can't believe it....Check them out...

TEXON TEXON Store

I will say I am tempted, price is more than attractive

However I would want to know more about the kit and HID systems in general before making a commitment.

Old saying comes to mind: "nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good"

There has to be a reason why they are so cheap, inferior quality maybe?

I'd want some opinions from the pros before making a decision.

I know the price is what got my eye, i asked him why it was so cheap and i have not seen a responce yet, we'll have to see. What kind of questions should i be asking? i really want a HID kit but i also dont want it to go out in the middle of night when im driving down the road:laugh:...

I know the price is what got my eye, i asked him why it was so cheap and i have not seen a responce yet, we'll have to see. What kind of questions should i be asking? i really want a HID kit but i also dont want it to go out in the middle of night when im driving down the road:laugh:...

My thoughts exactly. This is an electronic component, I don't know the ins and outs of them and what makes one better or worse than another but my guess is cheaper components makes for a cheaper price. Cheaper could mean failure at a time when it isn't so conveinient, at least that is how my luck runs.

Stick around, I'm sure someone with the needed knowledge will chime in with the answers. My thoughts are just my opinion and thoughts based upon price, nothing more.

Its a better deal than mine made in Germany.It comes in a pair,you can share it with a friend.Advise fix only on the normal beam instead of your high beam.Cause white light cant penetrate through FOG.Choose the Iceberg blue with colour and brightness and its thier best selling.:thumbsup:

For a pair, you almost can't go wrong, IF THEY WORK. Find a friend and split the deal and it'll be a $30 experiment. Just pay with a credit card for your protection.

Let us know how it goes!:beerchug:

For a pair, you almost can't go wrong, IF THEY WORK. Find a friend and split the deal and it'll be a $30 experiment. Just pay with a credit card for your protection.

Let us know how it goes!:beerchug:

I agree.

I hate to tell you, but that's what HIDs should cost. Even the most expensive HID assemblies made in Germany do not cost maore than $10-15 if you factor in economies of scale.

Most retailers are a HUGE rip off. I won't name names, but you'll start to see the price of most other HID kits come down.

Honestly, I would just get a good bulb instead...The link below is the same lights I have in my bike & I get people asking me all the time what HID system I went with...When I tell them its a buld only, they can't believe it....Check them out...

TEXON TEXON Store

I agree 100%. I have heard of cheap HIDs melting the housing in some cases. I put these similar xenon bulbs mine and they look and work awesome. Throw an H7 in for the low beam and a 9005 in for the high beam. Costs about $30.00. IMO, Well worth the money!

eBay Motors: Xenon HID Headlight H7 Light Bulbs 98 99 00 Volvo S70 (item 120374165988 end time Mar-07-09 10:05:42 PST)

I agree 100%. I have heard of cheap HIDs melting the housing in some cases. I put these similar xenon bulbs mine and they look and work awesome. Throw an H7 in for the low beam and a 9005 in for the high beam. Costs about $30.00. IMO, Well worth the money!

eBay Motors: Xenon HID Headlight H7 Light Bulbs 98 99 00 Volvo S70 (item 120374165988 end time Mar-07-09 10:05:42 PST)

I've heard the opposite. Most of the Halogen bulb that are bright enough TO compete with an HID have to run 55W or higher, which would give you a higher chance of burning the socket.

The Majority of HID bulbs are 33-55 watts and run SIGNIFICANTLY COOLER.

hmm... I dunno... price is tempting, but electric stuff screw with your system. Moreover the bike manual warns of bulb power otherwise it could harm the glass. I dunno man, I personally would rather invest when it comes to that stuff. not worth risking your electrics on your baby. I got mine from xenonking. They give good deals for .ORG members, but nothing close to that ebay listing. Haven't installed mine by the way, got my K9 a few months ago and still enjoying it stock. In short, I vote NO!

hmm... I dunno... price is tempting, but electric stuff screw with your system. Moreover the bike manual warns of bulb power otherwise it could harm the glass. I dunno man, I personally would rather invest when it comes to that stuff. not worth risking your electrics on your baby. I got mine from xenonking.

I am with you on this. I would rather go with someone that has been around these boards for years and know, comfortably, that the electrical I was about to install was sold to me by someone with integrity and a great track record!

I agree.

I hate to tell you, but that's what HIDs should cost. Even the most expensive HID assemblies made in Germany do not cost maore than $10-15 if you factor in economies of scale.

Most retailers are a HUGE rip off. I won't name names, but you'll start to see the price of most other HID kits come down.
Your exactly right, the more that the market is supplied with HID units you'll see the price drop. It's like anything else, when they first come out they want and arm and a leg for them, after a few years you can buy the name brands very cheap.

Either get HID or nothing. The 'brighter' halogen bulbs are higher wattage, which can over tax the electrical sys or even get too hot and melt stuff.

5k is the brightest in your list.

Back