Mo-Kan Dragaway opens Sunday

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
Hard to believe but Mo-Kan Dragaway in Asbury, Mo, is holding fun drags from 1 to 5 PM Sunday weather permitting. Some rain in the forecast but doesnt look too bad. Nice weather for February !! I am ready !!

It aint much Tom but its cheap, close and very few restrictions. I think they have only two rules>

1. No beer allowed in the car/truck while racing.
2. No trash allowed in the bed of your pickup while racing.

And they dont enforce those too well..ha !! Come on down this summer !

is the rescue 2 guys in a pickup with a set of bolt cutters? :rofl:

Man that place brings back some memories, we will see ya there sometime this summer.:thumbsup:

Sounds good ! Big fun today. I have two friends that race there. One with a 2008 Haybusa. Lowered, geared, piped and stock wheelebase. He is a big dude about 300 pounds and admits he isnt a very good rider. He ran a 10.09. Let his buddy ride it and he was very careful since it wasnt his bike but easily ran a 9.90.

The other friend has a 2007 GSXR1000. Lowered, geared, Brocks alienhead, 9" stretch and he is a light dude about 140. He is also an exceptional rider. Watched him run a 9.48, a 9.31 and finally a 9.26. Sixty foot times were 1.48 on the first two runs and a 1.44 on the last run. He can really use a clutch.

Will they be open every sunday from now on weather permitting?

Holy cow I have actually been to this strip! I used to travel to Miami Ok for work a lot and a buddy and I went over to that strip one Saturday. I tried really hard to get my buddy to drag race the Dodge Intrepid Rental car we were driving just for kicks but he was having none of it.:rofl: We sat in the rental car and drank beer for like 2 hours :beerchug:waiting for them to rewire the Christmas tree after some form of vermin chewed into it. Good times! :whistle:

I remember seeing pictures in the local newspaper from races at Mo-Kan when I was a kid (we're talkin' late 60's).
I'll have to take a ride out there sometime this summer and check out the show.:thumbsup:

Holy cow I have actually been to this strip! I used to travel to Miami Ok for work a lot and a buddy and I went over to that strip one Saturday. I tried really hard to get my buddy to drag race the Dodge Intrepid Rental car we were driving just for kicks but he was having none of it.:rofl: We sat in the rental car and drank beer for like 2 hours :beerchug:waiting for them to rewire the Christmas tree after some form of vermin chewed into it. Good times! :whistle:

Cool ! I think it still looks the same !

I remember seeing pictures in the local newspaper from races at Mo-Kan when I was a kid (we're talkin' late 60's).
I'll have to take a ride out there sometime this summer and check out the show.:thumbsup:

Tom: Their schedule for June 20th shows MOTORCYCLES INVADE. Might be a nice day to come down.

Thanks for the link street racer.:thumbsup:

Back