sidecar pic

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
I ran across this pic that warbaby took and noticed this busa with the sidecar at the dragon. Anyone have a better picture of it?

dgresort1.jpg

Pretty sure he is a member here, but dont remember his screen name

High Performance Sidecars

This site has of High Performance sidecars out there. Hannigan (www.hanniganmotosports.com) makes their latest on the ZX-14 or Concours. The one in the picture is an imported Sidecar.

I own one of the "original" attempts at a High Performance Sidecar by hannigan, but it doesn't have Center Hub steering etc......

For those that ask: Why would someone do this? Feel free to ask, but I'll give you the biggest reasons most do:

Injury: I personally broke my leg in a ladder fall, that fall resulted in 3 years worth of surgery, ended my 2 wheel days.... they are over. One guy (in video below) is in a wheel chair and uses hand controls for rear brake, etc...

Gadget people: Gadget people and engineers LOVE sidecars because of all the tinkering,etc.....

Family: Many guys start out with sidecars because they haul their kids, etc....and some just like it better after they get used to it.

Saftey: This is not the most common, but some folks feel safer, it's debatable in my opinion, you trade off low siding, high sides, falling over at a stop light, rain issues, etc.... for a whole extra set of problems when you sidecar.

Fun: this is relative and your personal opinion, but I find sidecars fun. I've had several bikes and prefer sidecaring over 2 wheeling, but that's just my thing.

So before you "snub" or "question" why someone would want to add a sidecar to a busa this may help. Also, if your in Maggie Valley in June, they may blow you off the road for going to slow. They are wicked fast!

Here is a video with the pictured bike in it: WATCH FOR THE GUY WITH THE WHEEL CHAIR IN TOW BEHIND HIS RIG!

- Hayabusa High-Performance Sidecar[/url]

I'm not an expert on HPsidecars, go to High Performance Sidecars if you have serious questions, but I'll do my best if you ask.

100_5782.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to do a winter set up with a side car ...probably use a big single or v-twin though, don't want no salt on my Busa :laugh: Two wheels is not enough for snow covered highways here in Pa.

Strombusa: If you look at The United Sidecar Association - Home or ebay you can find lots of used rigs, but do your homework. That is another good point, many guys use the SC rig as an outriger for snowy roads. The "URAL" rigs are cheap and some have the ability to 2wd, or power the SC wheel. If you are mechanical, they are fine, but the Czech's don't have the "tolerances" of the Germans! LOL....so URAL's are notorious for their ability to test the owners mechanical ability. Do your homework and you can find a fun alternative to divert you and get your face in the wind on days you might not want to take out the "nice" bike! Handy for running erands too! Hard to strap a gallon of Milk to a Busa! LOL

Geezus, Little problem keeping them between the lines on the video. What a couple of azzhatz. They're going to put someone else in a wheel chair.

Strombusa:* If you look at The United Sidecar Association - Home or ebay you can find lots of used rigs, but do your homework.* That is another good point, many guys use the SC rig as an outriger for snowy roads.* The "URAL" rigs are cheap and some have the ability to 2wd, or power the SC wheel.* If you are mechanical, they are fine, but the Czech's don't have the "tolerances" of the Germans!* LOL....so URAL's are notorious for their ability to test the owners mechanical ability.* Do your homework and you can find a fun alternative to divert you and get your face in the wind on days you might not want to take out the "nice" bike!* Handy for running erands too!* Hard to strap a gallon of Milk to a Busa!* LOL
URAL is Russian, Not Czech .URAL is AWESOME with 2 wheel drive.Here is a picture of my 2008 URAL .I want a HAYABUSA with a SIDECAR :thumbsup:

I had to post this USA ARMY guys in the URAL .
Look at the fun their having:thumbsup::laugh:

MR  X & URAL.jpg

US%20Army%20Ural.jpg

I want to do a winter set up with a side car ...probably use a big single or v-twin though, don't want no salt on my Busa :laugh:* Two wheels is not enough for snow covered highways here in Pa.
:thumbsup:

b91efe3daa742e46edecf36498aba90a.jpg

DSC_9430.jpg

Last edited:
Back