please help !!!

bigrob380

Registered
i been riding my bike for the past 3 days when im slowing down to a stop im on 3rd gear shift down to 2nd my bike dies i pull the clutch in and press the start button it starts right up its been doing this at less 5 times a day so guys please help

If the bike idles fine in neutral, and this only occurs when you down shift from 3rd to 2nd. I don't know. Clutch fluid looking good ? Is the bike cold ? ECU ?

clutch fluid fine sometimes the bike is cold sometimes been riding the bike for a hour or two and yes it does it on 3rd down to 2nd

I haven't heard of this happening before, if you're certain there's no operator issue, you might be looking at an ECU problem or map issue ...

I really don't know. It's a bad time to ask all the experts are in bed drunk, I mean asleep and that leaves you with the likes of me.

I guess I would have to see if it did the same thing if I left it in third gear and pulled the clutch in and came to a stop. I don't think you could be getting on the kickstand switch, or accidently hitting the killswitch.

I know it doesn't help but it's always one or more of three things; fuel, air, or fire.

IMHO, since it happens when you are shifting you may be bumping the kickstand and the kickstand switch is shutting you down. Check the switch closely and make sure your kickstand is making full contact with it.

Like has been said above are possibilities. I have never heard of this happening.

Welcome fellow Texan, my Dad is from Baytown. :welcome:

You could try adjusting the idle up a bit (or putting on a little of the fast idle lever) and see if it still does it.
You may have a low speed miss, or idling too low.

What Mike said, you need to adjust your idle... it's too low...

Let us know what you find out...

:thumbsup:

what is idle set at?
have you tried slowing down to a stop and NOT downshifting first?

stop downshifting blow those lights and give her all the gas she's got...lol

Back