Paint Removal

roland5color

Registered
Recieved my Hayabusa yesterday. The only problem I have found so far is the previous owner painted the damn windscreen black from the inside:cursin:. Does anyone know how to remove flat black paint from a windscreen without damaging it. It was painted from the inside. Guy must have not been into speed cause there is no way in hell you could tuck in and see anything. Hell I am 6' 5" so I cant even see the damn gauges unless I get low because the screen is black. If it can't be done does anyone have a stock windscreen in excellent condition that they would want to sell.

Buy a used one. Acetone will eat that plastic and distort the view for good. I am sure if you throw up a 'wanted' add or maybe in here,, someone might just have an extra for you!

Toss that POS!

Yeah I think I will toss the POS if there is no easy way to get the paint off. I am just a little low on cash at the moment. I had a double bubble on my zx10. I like the added wind protection and the ability to see the gauges easier I just dont really like the way they look. I will make a wanted post and see what happens. Thanks guys.

Right on ninja! For other stuff check out the pay it forward thread. I just gave away a smoked tinted OEM one for the price of shipping through that thread.

Your tall get a DB and you will be able to see your gauges much better while riding. I'm 6'3" and it made a difference.

080220_143101.jpg

yeah he is right man if your that tall go wiht a puig or any db you will love it.. i got my from a memebr here and what a huge difference.. it works well with my ipod on the stem punt so let me knwo my man

Thanks for the replies guys. I prefer the look of the stock windscreen to the DB. As long as the screen is clear I can see the gauges just fine. Its just the one I have is painted black so it blocks the gauges. I pmed ninja hope I can get one of his.

I'm like you on the stock screen. I know that when it is time, usually around 100mph, to be in a tuck,,, that is where I want to be - behind the stock screen being as small as I possibly can.:laugh:

How about aircraft remover? Not sure what havoc it may create on the plastic but I assure you it will take off the paint :laugh:

good luck removing the paint. get a new used one.
Don't try to look through the wind screen at speed. Look over the top. They were not designed to look through.

I painted my new DB wind screen :laugh:

As for tucking if naked Busa's are doing 230 mph with a battery for a windscreen I think I be ok on mine:laugh:

Back