Hydrogen Power

The question is......what do I gain from this??? Can I go faster, will I have more torque, if the only gain is mileage to the "gallon"......save it, I am not willing to sacrifice the rush I get everytime I ride!

But it is cool stuff, gotta give the credit to the smar folks!

Last edited:
Interesting, but they need a better video!

Looks like they duct taped a bunch of stuff on a bike frame and are riding it down a sloped parking lot. :laugh:

Interesting, but they need a better video!

Looks like they duct taped a bunch of stuff on a bike frame and are riding it down a sloped parking lot. :laugh:

what do you expect it has 1.6 hp

It is a start.....

The question is......what do I gain from this??? Can I go faster, will I have more torque, if the only gain is mileage to the "gallon"......save it, I am not willing to sacrifice the rush I get everytime I ride!

But it is cool stuff, gotta give the credit to the smar folks!

I think what you can reasonably expect to gain is not using gasoline. Period.

In a city near my home, they've started using some hydrogen fuel cell busses. They're quiet, emit only water vapor for emissions and require no gasoline. Granted the technology isn't close for making a high performance vehicle, the concept is interesting and promising. Think about it, remember when they started talking about hybrid or electric cars (I still think most of them driving by are really close to a jeff dunham joke) but now there are cars like the Tesla Roadster.

If there is enough interest in a technology, and enough people put their minds to it, some pretty amazing stuff can be done.

Tesla Motors

I remember saying "I'd die before trading in my truck or T/A for an electric car!"
This one does 0-60 in less than four seconds :banghead:

the first cars we called horseless carriages, and were slower than with horses....now we have 600 hp cars in production

The first head light was a lattern in a bowl....now we have HID.

You have to think out side of the box. If it were left up to some people, we would still be riding in horse drawn carriages with Kanji logos on the side of them.:laugh:

the first cars we called horseless carriages, and were slower than with horses....now we have 600 hp cars in production

The first head light was a lattern in a bowl....now we have HID.

Well Said .
TOMORROW is a NEW DAY :beerchug:

Hydrogen is produced mainly from fossil fuel at this time. With the metal hydride technology it may become a more economical way to get around and free us from the crack we call gas.

Anyone figure out the game played with us over the past 6 years ? I hope the technology becomes a viable alternative, but right now we're stuck.

Great post ...

they've still got a long way before it's a truly viable solution. Eventually it'll come along but probabaly not in our generation.

they've still got a long way before it's a truly viable solution. Eventually it'll come along but probabaly not in our generation.

i think youd be very surprised how fast the tech. could grow. it just has to land in the hands of some investor that has alot of money to throw at the project. look at the testla car. i didnt think id ever see an electric car that i would actually drive and enjoy...

im gonna try this for the first time...a youtube vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hydrogen is produced mainly from fossil fuel at this time. With the metal hydride technology it may become a more economical way to get around and free us from the crack we call gas.

Anyone figure out the game played with us over the past 6 years ? I hope the technology becomes a viable alternative, but right now we're stuck.

Great post ...

I was under the impression that most of it (at least the Hydrogen produced by UTC for the Hartford busses) was produced by distilled water and electrolysis. Where did you hear the fossil fuel bit?

I suspect he's speaking of Natural Gas Reformation. Take natural gas, electricity (produced from what again?) combine the two and get hydrogen.

Sorry ,Editing post.
Answered my own Question.

Last edited:
The hydrogen vehicle isn't new. I think the first credited internal combustion engine dates back to 1806 or earlier, anyway when produced it will be as safe as any vehicle on the road. The issue is producing hydrogen at less cost than producing gas.

I'm not certain about the mileage you can expect either. Alcohol for example is less efficient than gasoline.

Back