Ride Pix; 01FEB09

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, after yesterday's marathon twist-a-thon, my bud, Jimmy and I got out for some more serious shredding. As you'll all agree, it's much easier to have that kind of ride when you're in a smaller group.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I have mine.

Lyons Valley 1.jpg

Lyons Valley 2.jpg

Lyons Valley 3.jpg

Lyons Valley 4.jpg

Lyons Valley 5.jpg

After Lyon's Valley, we headed across the Laguna Recreation Area to Julian for...you guessed it, James...pie... Here are some pix from a shady turn-out on Sunrise Highway where you might pull over if the local LEOs are wondering if you were traveling really fast...:laugh:

Sunrise Highway Shade.jpg

Sunrise Highway Shade 2.jpg

Sunrise Highway Shade 3.jpg

Sunrise Highway Shade 4.jpg

Sunrise Highway Shade 5.jpg

Sunrise Highway Shade Jim.jpg

Sunrise Highway Scar.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly, I'm sad to have to report that Blackjack, the donkey who used to live across the street from Lyon's Valley Trading Post, and whose picture has appeared in many of my ride-pic threads has passed. He was 23 years old.

How many carrots had I bought for him at the Trading Post? I don't know. How many people went on my rides who got to meet Blackjack? Countless.

It was a sad element to my day.

Blackjack will be missed and the Lyon's Valley Trading Post will never be the same.

Lyons Valley Blackjack 1.jpg

Lyons Valley Blackjack 2.jpg

Lyons Valley Blackjack 3.jpg

Wish I was there. Great photo's and sorry about the mule! Just one less arse to put up with. :whistle:

I should go down to Diego one of these days. Thanks for sharing, and nice pictures.

Where are you that you'd need to come down? Let's figure it out and we'll introduce you to all the best asphalt south of Camp Pendleton!

:beerchug:

Very nice pix brother Scar, the pie looks delicious! :beerchug:

Too much sand on the roads around here for any kind for ride. The intersections are dangerous.

nice pix :cool:

cant wait til I get some of the julian pie but I do have the maps now and the summer is coming soon :thumbsup:

Back