Question for anyone who lives in Myrtle Beach

criomega

Donating Member
Registered
Should I change my plans and go to Florida if I want to ride around the slow streets on my new M109R. I heard the city (but not the rest of the state) now has a helmet law.

Yeah yeah I know what a bunch of you want to say but don't please. When I went to Florida last year on the busa I wore my lid 90% of the time but it was that slow cruising 10% of the time that I really liked and I'd like to do that in S.C. this year but the one place that I would be wanting to do that would be to area around town.

Last edited:
SC does have a helmet law, but only if you're under 21. If you're over 21 you're good to go. However, the earlier comment about myrtle beach being anti bike right now is also true. Bike week is no longer allowed. No vendors are allowed to set up down there anymore, so if I were you I'd head down to FL.

There might be a city ordinance that requires a helmet. Just strap it around your arm ...

WAGATT or whatever it is :whistle:

The only part of bike week that I was told from clubs in that area will be on the North Myrtle Beach side where the bike week originated welcomes bikers still.They state that Myrtle Beach which is a seperate part of the area was just for overflow of people coming in for the bike week.

Back