just dont know what to do. need opinions

jch364

Registered
OK. so here goes. I have an 06 with 33k miles. it runs flawlessly. I love that bike. But I find myself in a bit of a difficult situation with it. I cant decide if I should trade her in on a new one or get a 1397 on this one. Here is the thing. If I get a 1397 kit on this one it would also need an alien head. Around 5k to get it all done. Now it would yield me around 200hp to 205hp. Or I could get a new bike and put an alien head with a pc3 and brock map and get maybe around 180 to 190????some one help me on that part. If thats true then I cant decide witch would be better. Put the money in the one I have or buy a new one and add the alien head. My bike will be paid off soon so that would be good but i just cant decide if its worth putting another 5k in it or not. im so 50/50 on this and i just cant decide which is better. Honestly I like the look of my 06 better but the next gen bikes are just a better bike all around.

So if you guys had the choice, which would you do.
1. put the money in the old bike
or
2. buy a new one and get the exhaust exchange and dyno.

NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!

Oh and thanks in advance for the input...:bowdown:

I say spend $2k on your bike....add oversized pistons and block and an exhaust...you can do it yourself easily. Should see an end result on par with a 08+ Bus.

You answered your own question. You like the "L00K" of the 06 better!

I'm not a fan of the hind end of the gen2. It's growing on me though. Enough to where if I had the Extra cash I would buy one. If I liked it enough I would sell my gen1 off. But I wouldn't sell me gen1 for it right off the bat to buy it. Gen2 might have some improvements on it,but I can't miss what I never had.

Good luck on your choice.

i like the gen 1 look better but i am bias. wouldn't a stage 1 turbo give more power for around that 5 K price¿ That should take care of that displcement advantage they have lol

i like the gen 1 look better but i am bias. wouldn't a stage 1 turbo give more power for around that 5 K price¿ That should take care of that displcement advantage they have lol
Yep a stage 1 turbo kit on a stock gen 1 will give you more power than you will be able to get out of an 08 with a motor kit OR a turbo. The gen 2 has to run low boost (4psi) because of the higher compression and TI valves/softer springs. The gen 1 can run almost twice the boost (7-8psi) stock.....and make 240-50hp no prob :thumbsup: Nothing will give you more power for 4 grand. And nothing on the street except another turbo will have close to that kind of power. If you want to scratch that power itch for good, or at least a long time, there's no better way to spend your 4 grand than a turbo on your current bike :laugh::bowdown::beerchug:

I would stick with my gen 1 and put the 1397 in it, but not at 5k you should be more around 3k. or youcan do what my brother did with his port and polish head drop in pistons with the rounded head pciii, and o8 crank and pipe. Cost less for just about the same result as the 1397. Just my:2cents:

I would stick with my gen 1 and put the 1397 in it, but not at 5k you should be more around 3k. or youcan do what my brother did with his port and polish head drop in pistons with the rounded head pciii, and o8 crank and pipe. Cost less for just about the same result as the 1397. Just my:2cents:

Hemi-cut the heads, and they'll make the best out of those domed pistons..... :super:

For me, this would be a no brainer! I'd always take the later technology over the additional HP which you'll never notice unless you are racing competitively. I moved from an 06 to the 08, added a simple M4 full exhaust and she puts down 184 ponies. Turn on the air and she nips 192. And the sweet part is you don't need a PC with the M4 exhaust. That's my view, for whatever it's worth! :beerchug:

running flawlessly? why fool with it? why trade it? not fast enough?

Right on Jason !!.....Hayabusas.....AND...."Rational Decisions"??....out that there window !!...do what your "Bike Soul"tells ya !!:thumbsup:

Personally I would stick with the Gen I

I too like the looks of the Bike better,

One other option, Get the Gen II and replace the rear end with a Gen I tail section.

I can say after owning my Gen 1, and also having the oppertunity to ride my buddy Scar's Wasabi (Gen 2), yes the new one has more power, smoother throttle response and better braking and handling. Trade yours off probably see around $5,000 after trade in with you still owing a little on the '06 unless you paid cash for the difference. Then another 1k for exhaust upgrades. Performance wise doing the 1397 to the Gen 1 would still have better performance then a Gen 2 with just exhaust.

spaz racing on sh.org has a custom cam for only $435. they say you'll get 180 hp.
you put that cam on your intake, your stock intake on the exhaust. all that should run you around $800 or so.
add the exhaust for around $1200 installed.
you're only out 2g's.
diy and it'd be $600 less, roughly

Stick with the Gen 1 and do nothing if it runs flawlessly. You won't notice much of a difference unless you are going to hit the track. To please your gut, go ahead and get the 1397 kit so you can say you did something.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:laugh:

Back