please help !!!

bigrob380

Registered
I been member on this site for 8 months just looking around reading on topics
while i was working out town for 6 months my brother was using my bike he put about 400 miles on it when i came back i rode my bike and notice my throttle has alot of play before the bike grabs is this normal the bike is a 2006 has 4350 miles on it

Being that new its probably the cable adjustment under the throttle. Two cables there, loosen/adjust while blipping the throttle until you find the sweet spot, a nice solid feeling throttle twist with very little slack from off to on.

Being that new its probably the cable adjustment under the throttle. Two cables there, loosen/adjust while blipping the throttle until you find the sweet spot, a nice solid feeling throttle twist with very little slack from off to on.

If that doesn't do it for you, you can also adjust it down at the throttle body on the right side of the engine. Loosen, adjust, tighten back up. When I got mine it had 2000 miles on it and there was quite a bit of play (about 1/4" from the stop till it started to rev). I did my adjustments at the throttle body and she's been perfect ever since. Either way should work for you.

Back