Is this worth it????

Ranger

Registered
I think I found a steal but wanted to see what you all think. My neighbor is selling a 1997 1200S Bandit.

It looks in real good shape minus some weather exposure. Here is what is needed for it. Carbs rebuilt or cleaned, fork seals, maybe a chain. It only has 8k miles on it and has been sitting for about 2 years.

It ran well before it was improperly stored. I offered him $500 for it and he said ok. I told him I had to run it by Headquarters before pulling the trigger.

So what do you think..deal or no deal??

Bandit1.jpg

Bandit2.jpg

bandit3.jpg

Worst case scenario you should be able to part it out on ebay for what you have negotiated for it.

I have owned and ridden every day for the past twelve years on a 97 600.
Yes 255 days of the year!
If it weren't for the Busa I would have bought the 1200.
you will not regret the Bandit.
And at that price I may just try to buy it myself if you don't
DO IT NOW!

Headquarters has given you the :thumbsup:

Actually the wife is HQ, you guys are Corporate!

I am going to jump on it, my main problem was coming up with the $$. He said he'll take Paypal so on the CC it goes till I get my tax refund.. I think she's going to clean up nicely, hopefully the carbs won't be to much of a hassle, I'm going to try and do them myself.

What better bike to learn wrench turning on. If you mess it up you can still part it and get your money back. If it works out you've got a nice bike cheap that should serve you well.

When you buy it just make sure you give it proper TLC before you start her back up. :thumbsup:

When you buy it just make sure you give it proper TLC before you start her back up. :thumbsup:

Sad thing is my neighbor tried to start it a couple of months ago with all that old crappy fuel in it and it sputter for a few seconds, long enough to spread all that crap around..grr

Last edited:
Back