Members, need a favor if you can.

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I found some rotor covers for the Buick today and would like to get them chromed.

I have no contacts or chrome shops in my area and thought if any members were sending parts out for chrome over the Winter I would send them to you.

Would like a chrome shop that does great work. Price no issue unless really absurd. (you get what you pay for right?)

I won't get them until next week. Let me know and I'll try to check PM's a little more often.

Should look killer when done.

r8

frontring.jpg

0082800x600.jpg

good luck allot of the chromers have been getting bad publicity on here stay away from Jermain!

good luck allot of the chromers have been getting bad publicity on here stay away from Jermain!

Agree. Just seeing if anyone knows of a good chrome shop I can send then to. Maybe Vegas/Phoenix/LA members will chime in.

r8

Or I could eBay them. :whistle:

Paid $50.00 shipped. Yamaha price with 30% off included.

SKU: 4NK-2514A-00-00
RING, WHEEL 1 1 $113.46
SKU: 4NK-2515A-00-00
RING, WHEEL 2 (backordered) 1 $227.70

Crazy stuff right there!

r8

John, see if Papago plating is still in Phx... they did hard chrome and "Show Chrome" for me on the drag boat.. never had any issues with them after explaining what I wanted..

2312 E Washington St
Phoenix, AZ 85034
602-273-1408

Alternately call CRE Engineering and see if Chauvin or someone can recommend a "show chrome" vendor... (his cars are WOW's winners every year)

Last edited:
2312 E Washington St
Phoenix, AZ 85034
602-273-1408

Alternately call CRE Engineering and see if Chauvin or someone can recommend a "show chrome" vendor... (his cars are WOW's winners every year)

Are we moving up to the front of the airplane?

:laugh:

r8

Are we moving up to the front of the airplane?

:laugh:

r8
LOL Chauvin has won the World of Wheels thing more years.. His shop is aerospace related as well as DOD stuff.. his cars are machined from solid billets and just amazing things... I also got time at the Salt Flats with his cars... (ever seen a 300mph roadster?) I gained a lot of knowledge from these guys over the years.. Norm Drazy and Mark Niver were also amazingly smart guys I got to work with... very humbling when you have guys of this caliber to learn from... :thumbsup:

Chauvin Emmons at the Bonneville Salt Flats one of Chauvins monoque roadsters he engineered, built, raced and sold... :bowdown:

Last edited:
On the other side of the country, but I have had great success with All Things Chrome. Haven't sent them anything in about 6 months and not sure about automobile wheels, but definitely worth a shot.

Good luck, John... Can't wait to see the pix when she's 'finished'. :laugh:

:beerchug:

Problem solved. Called my good buddy brendanp and he hooked me up with his chrome connection down Kentucky way. :thumbsup:

r8

Back