Fork Spacer?

spdjunkey

Registered
Would cutting the fork spacer, say like an inch cause any negative effects? I understand that I would have one inch less travel under hard braking, but what else could it cause? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It depends, do you do wheelies, take high speed turns......things like these don't like the small fork travel.....if not then you should be ok......r u trying to lower the front?

If you are lowering the front, you may want to do some more research. I know it sounds backwards, but I think if you want to lower the bike, you need to put a longer spacer in. I can't remember for sure tho.

Found a good write up on another board. Basically you cut the stock spacer by the amount you want to lower the bike, then you ADD another spacer to the other end of the assembly.

How to internally lower your forks

Last edited:
longer bolts between then top triple and the handlebar triple and some washers....or they make some real nice spacers for this or you can buy a new triple clamp that will replace the stock ones and allow you to lower the front end, but they also move your handlebars forward a bit and you may have some issues with the brake/clutch resevours hitting the inner plastic under the screen

longer bolts between then top triple and the handlebar triple and some washers....or they make some real nice spacers for this or you can buy a new triple clamp that will replace the stock ones and allow you to lower the front end, but they also move your handlebars forward a bit and you may have some issues with the brake/clutch resevours hitting the inner plastic under the screen

See the thing is...I bought a new triple arlready. A Roland Sands one. And as drumfanatic said, I failed to do ample research, cause it only allows a half inch drop of the front. So, I am looking into other ways of getting the front lower. I would sell the triple and get a new one, but that would involve me telling my wife that I messed up. And I really don't want to hear her sh*t.:poke: You know what I mean? Besides the triple pretty sweet looking.

Back