web cams . do it need $400 springs?

craigntx

Registered
i just ordered the mild web street cams, and they tried to sell me a $400 set of springs with titanium retainers.???
can i not use my stockers?
anybody have these lying around for sale if i do really need them.
07 busa, if that matters.

also, which velocity stacks would be best for midrage power?
thanks
c

What cams are you looking at?

Are you spraying the bike?

Stay away from Titanium retainers,use the stock ones. Valve springs depends on how big your cams are. With big cams you will get coil bind. Valve springs cost about $140.00 so I hope the balance of that price is labor. Also replace the valve seals and valve keepers while you are doing the work. Now what do I win? :whistle:

Stay away from Titanium retainers,use the stock ones. Valve springs depends on how big your cams are. With big cams you will get coil bind. Valve springs cost about $140.00 so I hope the balance of that price is labor. Also replace the valve seals and valve keepers while you are doing the work. Now what do I win? :whistle:

the shop owner was on the tele w/ web and said "they want $400 for springs"???

these are not big cams, smallest web had.
the bikes got 14k, do i need new seals and keepers?
if i ship my head to get ported would i get much more hp over a stock head?

With 14k miles they should be replaced. The parts cost is minimal. Ported head on a stock motor will not pick up that much since the Busa is considered a low compression motor. With Cams and a CNC ported head I would guess about 15hp with no other changes. Now if you add in high compression drop in pistons you can squeak out 190 -200 hp with the correct parts.

thats why i checked with you guys before i shelled out over 50% over the cam cost:thumbsup:
I just took mine to a reputable guy I was referred to. I was happy and have sent sev. guys to him that have also been happy. As far as porting head goes....yes it gives you good hp for the buck. It may be worth shipping out to get done. I can give you a # if interested. I havent got mine done yet but it is the next thing that should be done to mine.

I just took mine to a reputable guy I was referred to. I was happy and have sent sev. guys to him that have also been happy. As far as porting head goes....yes it gives you good hp for the buck. It may be worth shipping out to get done. I can give you a # if interested. I havent got mine done yet but it is the next thing that should be done to mine.

now's the time, when i get the cams done.
a few weeks delay is gonna suk though

You might as well send the head out and have them freshen up the valves and check the springs :beerchug:

With 14k miles they should be replaced. The parts cost is minimal. Ported head on a stock motor will not pick up that much since the Busa is considered a low compression motor. With Cams and a CNC ported head I would guess about 15hp with no other changes. Now if you add in high compression drop in pistons you can squeak out 190 -200 hp with the correct parts.

cams alone should give me about 10hp, iirc.
so yeah, 5 hp for around a grand (+ the down time) seems hardly worth it

If there Web's 378's,, there are drop ins!

No NOS , and no racing stock spring will be fine!

As for the retainers, your stockers are fine!

if you are in texas i dont know how far away you are from johnny cheese but if i was close i would send my bike to him for the work

if you are in texas i dont know how far away you are from johnny cheese but if i was close i would send my bike to him for the work

i personally know someone who had very BAD experience with cheese, also a thread re: velocity stacks.
AND he acted like a **** when i first came here so NO CHEESE FOR ME.
thanks for the thought though

Back