Just as I promised Scar!

jefferycarman

Lost and confused
Donating Member
Registered
So here is a few pics of the brothers bike.

It's a 2001 GSXR 750. It's snowy outside so I am being a sissy and not even pushing it outside for the pics, sorry.

It's been used and beaten a little. The hope is to get it all fixed up before he gets back from Iraq. Incoming crash course on motorcycle repair! :laugh:

There is a dent in the gas tank, a small break on the intake plastics, a few missing fasteners, the chain needs some love and a few other little things that I know of. It's having a hard time starting, but I think the battery might be weak, so it's on the charger now. Next on the list is the chain. It's loose and rusty. After that I don't know yet. Will be fun and hopefully work out well. :whistle:

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

JC: That thing needs a makeover.

...and you're just the guy to avail.

Nice work. I'm glad you didn't have to ride that back from Whidbey. I know when you're used to the best, getting on something substandard is tough...not to mention dangerous...

You're a great brother for taking care of that baby for him.

:beerchug:

Oh, yeah; I almost forgot... :moon:

:rofl:

:moon:

Yeah, I figure with a little love and affection he may not even recognize it when he gets home.

and for the record :moon: :moon:

Scar (and anyone else) Please excuse the messiness of the garage. I am totally embarrassed. AND, yes, since we now have a second bike, I am going to take my motorcycle course and ride it around the cul-de-sac.

It does look pretty sad next to the Busa, doesn't it?

JC - it looks like you have a new project to work on. :)

I bet with some TLC it will look like a different bike soon.

PS - I think we somehow have matching garages (y'all just need to sqish a few more kids toys in there to trip over and it will match ours) :laugh:

JC - it looks like you have a new project to work on. :)

I bet with some TLC it will look like a different bike soon.

PS - I think we somehow have matching garages (y'all just need to sqish a few more kids toys in there to trip over and it will match ours) :laugh:
Yeah, mine is loaded down. My parents got a divorce this year and Mom is still trying to find herself a place. She is staying with friends, but we are storing her stuff. Just means no space in my garage for now.

It's looking to be a project. I may have to see if anyone has spare parts laying around :laugh:

That and I may have to get a little creative. Learn some new tricks and what not. Like getting that dent out of the tank... Never had to do that. We shall see. And there will be pics as I go. If it turns out alright I may even post them :beerchug:

Scar (and anyone else) Please excuse the messiness of the garage. I am totally embarrassed. AND, yes, since we now have a second bike, I am going to take my motorcycle course and ride it around the cul-de-sac.

It does look pretty sad next to the Busa, doesn't it?

Don't worry about it Sarah...you guys have had a tough year and I'm sure the condition of the garage is not high on the priority list.

That there's room for Big Blue is all that really matters...:laugh: :beerchug:

:love:

Don't worry about it Sarah...you guys have had a tough year and I'm sure the condition of the garage is not high on the priority list.

That there's room for Big Blue is all that really matters...:laugh: :beerchug:

:love:
Blue would be sleeping inside and me outside to keep her safe :laugh:

And if anyone doubts just ask busawife :beerchug:

:moon: @ Scar

:moon: @ snow and weathermen

id say starting with the chain is a good idea since i can see atleast one of those links is not straight from the picture! the crack in the air duct is good for spiders! one of my friends just got rid of this bikes evil twin...he put atleast 35,000 on it at the track mostly, I hope your brother buys you many beers after he gets back....:beerchug:

oh I almost forgot get that schinko off of that rear end unless your brother is going to the drag strip i see its already worn down anyway, someone has been doing some hole shots with this tire..you can see the rubber up under the rear fender!

Back