My Busa Will Not Start!! Ideas?!

PADEROLIS

Registered
I just rode her last night with no problems whatsoever, this AM I was all geared up ready to roll out to work and she wont even try to crank! I really don't think it is the batt. as all the lights are bright and the horn sounds strong and loud. I can hear the fuel pump prime and the guage needles move up and back down like normal.

I manually pushed in the kickstand switch just to be sure, but it still will not crank. Yes it is in neutral and yes I am pulling the clutch lever in. I am at work now so can't really troubleshoot further until I get home tonight. Any advise would be appreciated, btw the kill switch is in the run position also. Thanks all!!:beerchug:

Anyone know if there is an Accelerometer built into our bikes to tell if it has been dumped over? Maybe built into the ECU???

Battery, maybe? Battery may fool you with good lights but not enough cranking power.....just guessing.

Have you messed with any electrical wires? Or have they gotten wet recently? Check the battery terminals to start.

DD

Sounds like you might have turned the key to the (bad) park position and the battery ran down. Enough juice is left to operate the low amp stuff but not enough left to spin the motor.

Sounds like you might have turned the key to the (bad) park position and the battery ran down. Enough juice is left to operate the low amp stuff but not enough left to spin the motor.

While I hope it is as simple as this, I doubt it. I check my bike numerous time at night as she sits in the garage, I assume I would have seen the rear tail lite shining off the wall. Maybe it is the battery after all, I could be wrong in thinking it is not. Thanks for your input!

if the lights are strong and the horn does not waiver when you hit the starter button then you likely have a switch or relay out..

double check the "run" switch and then...

Think I would direct my efforts at the kickstand switch and the clutch switch (by pass them with a jumper) if you get that far and still no joy... post back up.. (do you happen to own a voltmeter?)

Battery, maybe? Battery may fool you with good lights but not enough cranking power.....just guessing.

Have you messed with any electrical wires? Or have they gotten wet recently? Check the battery terminals to start.

DD

I did recently add heated grips to her and they are connected to the battery meaning the key does NOT have to be on for them to operate. However I promise you I turned the switch off last night and it was still off this morning. And none of the wires have gotten wet, thank you!

if the lights are strong and the horn does not waiver when you hit the starter button then you likely have a switch or relay out..

double check the "run" switch and then...

Think I would direct my efforts at the kickstand switch and the clutch switch (by pass them with a jumper) if you get that far and still no joy... post back up.. (do you happen to own a voltmeter?)

I know the "run"switch is making some kind of connection because when I turn it off and then back on again, the fuel pump primes and the temp gauge goes up and back down again. Does this means the switch is good or can it still be bad? I do own a voltmeter. Thank you!

Try to jump it off your car, or do you own a battery charger. My guess would be your battery is too low to crank it over.:beerchug:

Try to jump it off your car, or do you own a battery charger. My guess would be your battery is too low to crank it over.:beerchug:

Do not jump off your car. It's different amperage. You might start the bike, but also might damage the ECU. Agree it might be the battery. Battery might have enough juice to work on headlights and others, but may not have enough juice to turn to engine. You said you added an electric outlet. That might drain your battery slowly and eventually lower the battery voltage.

Get yourself a charger ( you need it anyway ) and try it before you do anything.

Damn, I sound like I know what I'm talking about, eh?

Do not jump off your car. It's different amperage. You might start the bike, but also might damage the ECU. Agree it might be the battery. Battery might have enough juice to work on headlights and others, but may not have enough juice to turn to engine. You said you added an electric outlet. That might drain your battery slowly and eventually lower the battery voltage.

Get yourself a charger ( you need it anyway ) and try it before you do anything.

Damn, I sound like I know what I'm talking about, eh?

+1 i had a buddy screw up his k1 from jumping off a car, dont know how but it messed it up and he had to take it to the dealer and pay a little change to get her fixed!!! get a battery chrger for sho!!!! Harbor freight, pretty cheap.. GOod luck though

Check the connection at the clutch switch, sometime they don't engage the whole way. You have to manually jump these connections.

NOT A GOOD IDEA! If you have HID's.....REALLY not a good idea.. take my word for it.. Ballasts don't like extra Juice :whistle: won't tell ya how I know.

Does sound like a low battery though... Or a relay (I'm hoping for the battery)

I jump mine off my car once in a while, as needed. So far, no problems, knock on wood.

Check the side stand switch. Make sure it's in neutral, yada yada yada.

Fuses, maybe?

Sounds odd.

--Wag--

12 volts are 12 volts so just have the motor on the car turned off and a jump will be OK.

Exactly!

It's the car alternator that will kill your motorcycle battery. Those tiny batteries don't like to be force fed 100amps @ 14.3v's. But with the car off you are fine.:thumbsup:

Back