how to find info on laws pert. to plate relocation

scootrpig

Registered
does anyone know how to find outif its legal in your state,other than calling them.i have been riding for over a year with my tag on swingarm, no probs,my son comes home today with a ticket:beerchug::banghead:

I know in Florida a tag improperly displayed as in horizontal, not verticle
directly under the tail, over the tire easily visable...is a $1000 fine. (first offense)
$2500 fine second offense
$5000 & 10 year license suspension 3rd offense

Wonder how bad the hall monitors are going to hit us for bikeweek
in Feb/Mar or how many people will actually come to Daytona? ???

Good luck

Here they have to be mounted horizontally and have a permanent light shining on them. We can't even have one of those tinted covers over the plates here.

Texas info...

TRC §548.255.

ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.

(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the manner required by department rule.

(b) The department shall:

(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle near the license plate; and

(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a moped.

I couldn't help but notice that you have been a member for over a year and this is your second post.

on the web try Municipal Code Corporation for city ordinances

or try a google search on "florida motor vehicle code" "florida motor vehicle laws" or whatever state your in.

also try searching for your states DMV site as most will have some type lf link to a criminal code.

in Louisiana just ask me i have the book and will post whatever you need.

Go to the local state police and ask them. It seems like they are pretty leanient here in arkansas.

Back