Are There Black Frame Covers?

YtseJam

Registered
Bought a set of the chrome covers, and I'm not overly thrilled. They look almost chrome, and more than polished. I'm not going for a show bike, but I had hoped for better results. I also don't want to polish the frame either. Anybody have any ideas or know of different frame cover options....I posted a pic below with the covers.

sidesmall.JPG

If you were to paint them, aren't you in the same situation as painting the exposed frame? Easily scratched, etc....?

If you were to paint them, aren't you in the same situation as painting the exposed frame? Easily scratched, etc....?

I didn't want to dismantle my bike to either paint,polish or chrome the frame, thought it would be easier to deal with the frame covers since I want to have a design going from the side covers all the way to the back of the bike where the GSX1300R sign will go.Chrome covers were a lot more than the plain paint able ones at least at the site I went too. Not really worried about scratching them cause them come off real easy an I keep on riding while they in a shop. Bike looks real sharp sorry you not happy with the chrome.

go ahead & send em to me i'll give em a nice home ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't want to dismantle my bike to either paint,polish or chrome the frame, thought it would be easier to deal with the frame covers since I want to have a design going from the side covers all the way to the back of the bike where the GSX1300R sign will go.Chrome covers were a lot more than the plain paint able ones at least at the site I went too. Not really worried about scratching them cause them come off real easy an I keep on riding while they in a shop. Bike looks real sharp sorry you not happy with the chrome.

Appreciate the input...guess the jury is still out on my opinion..??

they look good on ur bike. Chrome ur swing arm and call it a day
Posted via Mobile Device

I got them for $320 shipped, but don't get me wrong....it still looks way better then stock.

In the pics it looks good.

I have an 07 which comes with a Black Frame and thought about polishing or the covers for a while. After all thinking was done I stayed with the Black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIKE 019.jpg

Thanks...and look closely, it is chromed!

I guess a 240 kit will make things better....;)

No I missed it to cause of the muffler. Guess that s why so many love the shorty's they just to noisy for me. I the covers look fine.:thumbsup:

In the pics it looks good.

I have an 07 which comes with a Black Frame and thought about polishing or the covers for a while. After all thinking was done I stayed with the Black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black looks nice......if mine were the same, no problem, but it's the dull aluminum finish.

Back